Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stage Fright

100% Sleep Deprived and exhausted from getting less than 2 and a half hours of sleep last night (and of course there is a rant that explains how that happened but I figured it's not the time to bore you with it), all I've thought of today has been this blog and how excited I am and what I am going to write. I am super nervous so just keep that in mind while you are reading this. I'm scared to post it because it seems that I have a case of stage fright.

When I read Brianna's note pitching this idea I was shocked and honored. It was so sweet of her to pick me for this endeavor and my biggest fear is that I don't live up to her expectations. Brianna I think this is a wonderful idea and will definitely keep us together.

When I was trying to choose what I would write a commercial came on. It was for a Twix bar. (One of my favorite candy bars.) And the commercial said, "Need a moment? Chew it over with Twix." Apparently if you eat a Twix bar, it buys you time to come up with something clever. But it was as I was eating the third Twix bar that I realized that it doesn't really help you in this situation because this is a blog. Sure the deadline is by the end of today but no matter how many delicious caramel treats I ate I would still need to come up with something in the same amount of time.

The most philosophically statements start with "Time. . ." in my opinion. Then there is a pause and it's often followed by something talking about how time is a force that you can't stop. And that's true. As we're nearing the end of this year I'm beginning to realize that the future that I thought about when I was so much younger, is not so much a future anymore. It's becoming present. I'm halfway through high school pretty much. I started thinking how everyone is going to go different places for college and even though it's two years away, I realized how much I would miss every single one of my friends. Because you guys are always there for me and you are the best people I know. I hope that I've been there for you too. I love you guys.

On a different note. If you thought that this blog post was lame then I should tell you that I have now purchased a notebook (it's rainbow and purdy) and I plan to write in it whenever something notable happens so next week, Tuesday may (or may not) be more interesting.

PS Looking at the shades of yellow I can't tell if this will look tacky against the background. If it does I'll pick a different one next time.

-Lacey

4 comments:

runiteking1 said...

dude... change the colors...

Kejing Jiang said...

You did wonderfully! I hope your stage fright has ended.

Mr. Dumarche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Yeah.. I liked the post.. but the color? I had to highlight to the text in order to read it. Maybe something darker next time.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html