Sunday, March 8, 2009

Black Cat

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here!


This weekend has been kinda crazy. I had Seussical rehearsal for three hours on Friday and seven hours on Saturday. The rest of my weekend I basically slept, watched T.V., facebook stalked people, and texted Jackson.

Ok, so Jackson is a little odd. I met him last weekend at our church's Crosswild retreat and we exchanged about two sentences the entire time. I came home, friend requested him on facebook, left him a nice little note along the lines of "It was nice meeting you this weekend" on his facebook wall, didn't get a response, and then just forgot about him. But later I noticed a picture of him wearing a paramore shirt on his myspace, and I commented on it. He replied! So we had two conversations going (the other was on a picture on his facebook of him wearing a Mayday Parade shirt, the band that sings the song "Black Cat", which I love) and it was really confusing going back and forth, from site to site, from picture to picture. So he asked me for my number and we started texting. And so far, since Saturday morning at 12:20 a.m., we have texted each other over 200 times. And I have learned a lot of sketchy things about him. Like, really sketchy, especially considering how sheltered I am! But supposedly he's changed, and he's super nice, so we shall see how this friendship evolves. Oh, and he has pet chickens. 

It feels like ever since I've started really focusing on music, I've been exposed to more sketch behaviors. Like at Floyd's, or example, there were middle school kids smoking. And now I know five people who used to smoke pot regularly. And I am friends with them. But whatever, that's life, and I know how to draw boundaries and stand my ground so I won't be getting mixed up with any of that.

Ok so lastly, the band I sang with, Unclaimed, is competing for a chance to play on the Ernie Ball stage at Vans Warped Tour in Orlando, Tampa, and Miami. You should all go to http://warped.battleofthebands.com/contest_overview.php , search Unclaimed, and vote for them in these three cities!!! These guys really deserve to win!

And listen to "Black Cat" by Mayday Parade! It's really really catchy and not at all screamo!

Until next week,
-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html