Sunday, March 15, 2009

If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You Had to do was Ask

So I wrote a song this weekend about my friend and some of his past problems. Here it is. 


"I'll Take Your Blame Tonight"

back breaking
your burden rests on sore shoulders
keep taking
much deeper breaths just to stand
heart breaking
just to watch you stagger through this
you're taking 
too long to forget these regrets 

truthfully I'm telling you that I
I can try harder
and I know that somehow you can find
the will to be stronger 

so walk away
stop pretending everything's okay
for once, forget your past
and all your mistakes

repeating 
your hopeless habits to erase this 
completing
your ring of despair with the flames
your choking
on your own depression now, suppressing, drowning out
convincing 
yourself that you're the one to blame

and truthfully, I'm telling you tonight 
that this can't be harder
and I know that somewhere deep inside
you can be stronger

so walk away
stop pretending everything's okay
for once, forget your past
and all your mistakes
because I've heard your cry
paid witness to the pain you hide
but I know that your stronger
I know that you're more than this

so tonight I'll take your blame.

<3


I hope to record it on our EP. 

And listen to If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You Had to do was Ask by Mayday Parade.
-Caroline

1 comment:

lilystar said...

Sing this loud, and sing it proud!!!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html