Sunday, March 1, 2009

You Be the Anchor that Keeps your Feet on the Ground and I'll be the Wings that Keep My Feet in the Sky

yes, that is the entire title of the song. It's by Mayday Parade, a band from Tally. They are pretty tight!

"I could stand here for hours just to ask God the question, "Is everyone here make-believe?"  And with a tear in his voice, he said, "Son, that's the question, does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?"

So I just returned from an amazing weekend at a camp called CrossWILD. It was awesome!!!! But the really incredible thing is, God told me something very important while I was there. I wasn't even supposed to go to the camp, because I was signed up to go to a leadership conference, but I talked my way out of that because CrossWILD seemed like it would be so much fun. But I feel like God had a distinct purpose in allowing me to go. You see, I've liked this kid "Chance" (yes, I will keep the name consistent with my past posts) since October, but lately I have really been having second thoughts about him. So this weekend, I went to camp, and right off the bat I knew God was trying to speak to me. For my small group leaders, I was assigned to "Potts/Colle" but instead of "Colle", I had a different female leader. Her last name is the same as Chance's! 

Then I went to a breakout session called "Reaching the Unreachable" where the leader told us about the four steps of discipleship: Prayer, Perception, Penetration, and Preaching. I realized that by praying, God had allowed me to see Chance from a different view and he let me understand some of the reasons for his actions. My next step was just to become part of his life, as a friend, and let him know I care. So now I know that needs to be my next step, and that I shouldn't necessarily be in a relationship with him. 

Later, we went to a session about dating and one of the leaders said that if you are dating someone you can't imagine marrying, then get out of that relationship. I could never ever ever in a jillion years see myself marrying Chance!

So I made a promise to myself to not pursue Chance anymore and to surrender these types of problems to God because he knows how to work them out. I try to control things too much without His help and then I just make a mess of things. 

I learned a lot and it was really really insightful and awesome! 

Until next week,
-Caroline

P.S. Please respect me by not belittling my religious views or using my post to debate the existence of christianity. This post was just a way of me to vent about my decision not to like this kid anymore and I am not trying to preach to anyone in any way. Thanks. :) 

1 comment:

lilystar said...

I had a similar situation last year and ended up falling back on something like this. Props to you on letting God into your life as such.
Plus at this stage dating shouldn't really be a concern, it's really distracting.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html