Monday, March 23, 2009

Thinking

Sometimes you think and you think and you think figuring that if you sit there in your meditation, answers will become clearer. But a lot of times they don't. A lot of times you ask more questions, or feel even worse about the situation because you think about it too much. Sometimes things consume you and the thinking becomes obsession. Like when you have a good idea and you keep thinking about it, and it gets better and better in your mind until you think you have something absolutely revolutionary.

In Their Eyes Were Watching God there was that quote about girls' goals and dreams being truth and they only remember what they want and forget what they want or whatever. I like how all the girls completely disagreed with that. I totally know exactly what Zora Neale Hurston means though. I have successful blocked out nearly all of my sixth grade year and most of my seventh. Eighth grade is even a blur to me. I hated middle school so much, I decided not to think about it, and you know the memories just disappear after awhile.

And that whole part about the dreams being truth, I know that too. I mean I'm quite obsessed with marriage. And I can't wait to get married someday. And while others around me have doubts and worry about marriage, I have full confidence. Because I will have a happy, successful marriage and that's all there is to it.

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about. I never really do.

-Brianna

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html