Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Tribute To The Piano

Hey people. Guess what? IT'S SPRING BREAK!!! WHOO!!!!!! I have to say I had a very productive Saturday. My parents let me have one "rest day" so I spent my Saturday watching movies on YouTube and playing games on Newgrounds. I haven't been to Newgrounds in forever, maybe since like a year ago. But on there I found an interesting game, which brings me to my post.

Remember that post from a long time ago? The one where I told you guys I hated piano when I was little? Now I find myself wishing I didn't quit >.<. I look back and think, "Man, imagine how good I would be at piano now if I just kept playing. I'd be on steroids!" But unfortunately, I can only play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Ode to Joy. So in memory of my long-dead piano skills, I decided to make a tribute to it. I went on Newgrounds today and found an incredibly relaxing game. The maker was even nice enough to put an html link so other people can put the game on their sites. Go crazy (by the way, don't play YouTube videos or anything if you want to play. it won't let you play if you do):

If you like what you hear, the piano player's name is Issac Shepard. All the music in the game was written by him.
Beethoven and all those other composers may be geniuses but I find that some video games also deserve respect. Yes, video games. Especially those of the Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts. They feature a lot of relaxing songs with prettyish melodies. I recommend Eternity Memory of Lightwaves and 1000 Words.
The song below is called Dearly Beloved and it's from Kingdom Hearts. It's actually a simple melody played over and over but these guys improvised and created an entirely original piece and, what more, a duet. If you listen through to the end, one of the guys messes up in a hilarious way. Check it out:

Lastly, from the same guys, a improv'ed version of the Titanic!

That's all I got for you guys today. Have a great spring break and now Caroline take the stage!

-June

Random Question: Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html