Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Calc 3 Sucks

Hey guys, its Blair filling in for Lacey. Lucky her. She gets to go see Harry Potter tonight while I'm stuck home doing Physics.

It seems I always I have a little rant prepared for these posts. In fact, I noticed that every time I fill in, the title I choose has the word rant in it. I guess I'm a ranter.....huh.

This rant is about Calc 3. I'm supposedly smart enough to get to dual enroll next year because Chiles doesn't offer a high enough math (Kejing and Megan, too! shoutout) but the process to get into the class is just so freakin complicated. I mean, why can't they just say "Oh ok you want calc 3, well you're in the class. Be here this day at this time and you're all set." Instead I've had to go to FSU twice so far and several more times remaining. We had to go not long after school ended to get forms to say we wanted to dual enroll. Then, after June 29th we could go to their website and set up an account where we would be able to register for the class two weeks later (really? why not right then?) We also had to get health forms off the website, get our doctor to fill one out and bring that back to the health center and also get our FSU IDs at some point. These are all in different buildings too. And I don't know about you other guys, but I was so confused trying to find my way to Thagard. We're also gonna have to get parking permits but make sure we don't have to pay for them, go to the bookstore to get our book before classes start and make sure the people there give us the right form. They almost screwed the kids last year cause they gave them a form waiving the costs to FSU rather than Leon county.

Oh yea and also Mrs. Johnson reserved us 10 spots to be in the class, but the website doesn't show that so it makes it seem like we don't have spots. So we're gonna have to call and let them know that we're one of the 10 reserved. What's the point of even having the website for us then? Why did that have to be one of the steps to get registered? Maybe I'm overanalyzing all this and its really not as annoying as I think, but I'm just too stressed out to think anything is not stressful.

Oh I got a GORGEOUS dress for Nationals. Now I can't wait to go. Thank you Erica for helping me :)

Double dates are fun. Especially when we play twister haha.

People missing their blogs and not getting replacements is depressing me. Since last Sunday, 5 people have missed posting. C'mon guys.

I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. Just saying, I wanted to give him a shoutout too :)

You guys should listen to Remembering Sunday by All Time Low. I heard it in John's car and now I'm in love. Oh and "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift. I'm not a huge Taylor fan but the song is pretty good.

~Blair


No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html