Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let's Not Talk About Those AP Scores

Today at work I cleaned the entire lodge, which is the place where all of the children meet up after they eat lunch at the church. The kitchen was disgusting, and so were the floors. After I did that, I made all of the children go outside to play. They begged for water, I gave it to them, and then I got the little kids ready to go back to the church for their nap after they went swimming. It sounds easy, but imagine having to scream at the kids after I do everything and anything. I have definitely lost my voice.

The hardest thing working at my job is not working with the children, but with my sister. I know that if I can put up with her, then I can put up with anybody. She is a tyrant, unfortunately, and I just try my hardest not to set her off. But today, we finally reached an agreement when we started cleaning up. I didn't have to submit to her every wish. By straightening up the lodge a little, we put away the lip and made a huge difference.

I read in the Bible recently that the mouth is the most evil part of the body. Out of the same mouth can come praise and judgment. Then it goes on to say that God rewards hard work, and blesses workers. I am happy that today I learned this lesson, and that the lodge is clean.

megan

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html