Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It is 11:03 that I am starting this post. I waited this late because I kept thinking that I would end up getting inspired. Alas, no such luck. So now I'm just going to go with it.


I definitely want to make sure to say thank you to two people who mean a lot to me.

Blair has been my best friend for almost five years now. When she moved here, I started talking to her because we had the same Chorus class. And she has helped me with a lot lately. Two Tuesdays ago, as I was sitting in the movie theater, waiting to see the new Harry Potter Movie at 12:01 AM, she texted me and reminded me that it was my day to post. Since I didn't have a computer available, I asked her if she wouldn't mind posting for me. So I'd like to say thank you to her, because lately she has been an amazing friend.

Then, last Tuesday I was in Tennessee for Mu Alpha Theta Nationals (which I'll get to in a minute). I wasn't sure if I would be able to have internet access or the opportunity to post. So I asked Ryan to fill in for me. He has helped me out with that a lot, but he has also been there for me more than anyone else in the last eight months. I don't want to take up this whole post talking about how great my boyfriend is, although I'm sure I could come up with at least that much to say on the subject. But I would like to thank him for everything. I really am very much in love with Ryan. :)

Okay. So now, I'd like to just say a little something about Nationals. It was an interesting experience for me in many ways. But there was one thing that was just an awesome experience for me. On the last day of the competition, I took the Gemini test (which is a test for a two person team) with Logan. It consisted of five puzzles. We started working on them and in the end, we felt like we did a pretty good job. Logan started asking around and he heard that we did pretty well in comparison to the other teams. He said that he thought we would probably place in the top fifteen. Sure enough, we did. We ended up getting first place. I have never won an award at a Mu Alpha Theta competition. I was so happy and excited. I just thought I'd share, because this was one of my very most favorite accomplishments.

When my sister and I got back from Nationals, we found that our parents had started feeding two stray cats. We have pretty much adopted them at this point. So I thought that was interesting. We were replaced by two cats.

I also have some sad news. Our little toy poodle, Sophie, passed away yesterday. She has been very sick for over a year and a half. Actually. A year and a half ago, the vet told us that she was terminal and didn't have much time left. So we were lucky to have that much extra time with her.

It seems like I have so much left that I need to get done this summer, and not enough time to do it all. I have to volunteer for Bright Futures and I have to finish summer reading and summer math and I have to finish plenty of other stuff. It seems as though our new house is going to get finished right before school starts. So that means I will get to move then. Fun fun.

Okay so now it is 11:51. So I guess I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. I hope everyone has an awesome week. Goodbye.




No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html