Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Ballad

Hello there, blue powerblogger here!


So this post will be quite short relative to last weeks's post. I am writing this Saturday evening because tomorrow my best friend Timmy and I are going to Tampa for VANS WARPED TOUR!!! I am so incredibly excited!!! I really wanna see Underoath and The Devil Wears Prada!

Last week, I went to a show at Big Daddy's to watch Unclaimed, Maradona, One Way Passenger, and Chasing Thrill play. It was awesome because I got to sing a song with Unclaimed and Timmy and I performed an acoustic song that we wrote. Maradona's lead singer, Lauren, has taken Timmy and me under her wing, so to speak, since she had a baby and can't really tour with her band anymore. She is kind of like our vocal coach. I got to record high harmonies with her band and it was so much fun! The band Chasing Thrill was good except for the fact that their singer sucked, which ruined the whole sound. Their guitarist (who was balding...?) kept hitting on my friend Karson. He called her out to move into an empty space at the front of the crowd, then pointed to her in a couple of songs. Afterwards, we went to talk to him and the lead singer. They were like, "How old are you guys?" and Karson responded, saying "16 and 17". They were both like, "Oh, we're...21...". EWWW. They were kinda creepers. But let me tell you, even though they were crappy live, I LOVE THEIR CD. It's called "Promises" and it is borderline epic. Everyone should look them up and give them a listen. "My Ballad" is my favorite song of theirs.

So that's all for this week. Hopefully next week I will have some exciting post about VANS WARPED TOUR!!!!! I am soooooo psyched about it, you don't even know.

Until next week,
-Caroline

P.S. I agree with the red powerblogger in my dislike for the father character in "Poisonwood Bible"

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html