Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hey There Luna

So I forgot that it was my day today, again. Please forgive my increasing absentmindedness.

Currently, I am in the process of procrastination, and still trying to convince myself to write my APUSH paper five hours after I’ve gotten home. It hasn’t been going well. I realize this is a bad sign, I’m supposed to fall into my bottomless pit of lethargy and hopelessness halfway through third nine weeks, not now. Now is supposed to be a beautiful time of leaves changing, lengthening nights, and scarves (well, if Florida weather would cooperate). Most importantly, it signals a shift in the playlist to my life soundtrack.

It’s been brought to my attention that many people do not in fact change the music that they listen to according to season. Baffling. In reality I only really make a conscious shift for summer and fall, but since those seem to be the only seasons this place has anyway, I think I’m good.

The whole concept of seasonal music is why I’m listening to In Rainbows right now. I could’ve (definitely should’ve) downloaded it when it first came out for free, but technical difficulties confounded me and I put it off. I put it off to the point where it was summer, an obviously ridiculous time to try and get into a Radiohead album. But now that I’ve sensed the fall coming on (or at least believe it is for my own pleasure) I’ve decided it is time. And I’m listening to it. And it’s beautiful.

But that’s for another day, because although I’m very tired and so I probably will only spend a few sentences talking about her, what I really intended to write about was PJ Harvey. If I were to imagine a perfect female role model, it’d essentially be her.

It was last year when I first listened to the album Dry that I knew autumn had come. Everything actually seemed transformed; I’m not sure how but I feel like I’ve never been the same since listening to it. I spent hours watching music videos and discovering more songs, falling even more in love with her oddness each time.

And she’s odd. Not only is she British, but she spent most of her life up into her adulthood living on a farm with her family. Freakish!

But enough of that, here’s the actual Polly Jean.




I can feel fall coming on already.

-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html