Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Top 5 Money Wasters

Hey guys. This is one very wet and tired power blogger with Saturday's post and I have to say to the people who were there with me... NEXT TIME, TALK UNDER THE TREES INSTEAD OF OUT IN THE OPEN. YEAH YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! *Ahem* Today I have something interesting I want to talk about about. Yes, today I want to talk about my top 5 money wasters. Yay! Without further ado, let's start the count down!

Number 5:
Most of us at one point played an arcade game and probably thought,"Wow. That's one dollar I'm not getting back." Well if you play a good arcade game with a good plot, it's pretty hard to stop (remember this is MY top 5). But the game in the video I'm showing, that's just plain unfair. This game is so ridiculous, there is NO WAY to finish this game without spending at least $100 dollars in continues.
Number 5: Ridiculously Unfair Arcade Game.


Number 4:
This is mostly pointed at girls (sorry). This could be for guys too but number 4 is clothes. I'm talking about Abercrombie,
Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and all that other good stuff. I really don't see the point in buying such expensive clothes. I've seen girls in the malls with bags up to their necks and they keep buying!!!! Again, I see no point in buying so many clothes at name brand stores when you can get those same shirts at Goodwill for 1/10 of the normal prices. Tied for fourth is Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Anyone who had an obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh knows the curse of buying pack after pack of cards. You just NEED those holographic cards or the Dark Magician, Blue Eyes, whatever. Now when I look back I think,"I could of saved up to get 5 iPods with that money."
Number 4: Clothes and Yu-Gi-Oh cards


Number 3:
This is my own opinion but the number 3 money waster is the current tennis lesson session. They tripled the price and cut the session length in half. What the heck? Now this is supposedly because we have better coaches and better players playing with us. But there is no need to cut the length of the session like that. It's $360 per month. If you did this program for a year, that would amount to $4320. Now here is a list of things you can get with all that money:
A car, 2 MacBook Airs, tennis lessons for 3 years at a different clinic, a personal chef for a few days, 10 wardrobes full of clothes, an Xbox 360 with a PS3 and a supply of games to last 2 years of gameplay, 10 closets full of shoes, 20 Blackberries, a library of DVD's,
a library's worth of books, 1.75 years worth of gas, 2 king sized beds, 4 Fender Stratocasters, 17280 gum balls, a lavish wedding, 2 vintage violins, etc. I can go on but I'm done. No more.
Number 3: Current Rip-Off Tennis Lessons

Number 2:
For this one, I'm talking gas. Gas prices are rising and they don't show any signs of dropping or even settling for one price. However, I have to feel sorry for the particular people who bought Hummers. At 12.5 miles per gallon, the hummer will seriously drain your wallet. After paying $75,000 for the Hummer itself, you would have to pay over $100 dollars every time you go to the pump. I don't really need to say much more. I think we can all agree that:
Number 2: Gas

Number 1:
The top money waster of all time. What do you think it is? I put a lot of time into the number one money waster of all time and I couldn't think of anything . I originally had food as number one but no... There is somthing much much much worse. Did you guess yet? It's us! Yes, us as in kids/high schoolers. Think about it. We get so many things from our parents such as schooling, food, electricity and water, technology, paying for the clubs we're in, internet and tons of other things. Even when we get ready to leave for college, they have to pay a ton of money for us to get to college in the first place. I'm sure that if we didn't drain so much of their money, they would be living in 3 story houses with 3 car garages and 3 cars in those garages. 18 years of commitment (maybe more) is a heavy burden so go up to your mom or dad, give him/her a big hug and say,"The green power blogger told me to say,'I'm glad that you are so supportive of me and I promise to be a good son/daughter from now on. I love you!' " or something along those lines.

Well that's all I have today. So join us tomorrow for the extra terrific super post of the blue power blogger!
(I'm too tired to proof read so if you see errors or a lot of repetition....sorry...)
-June

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I liked it when you talked about the vintage violins. ^o^

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html