Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pineapple Tidbits Part 2

So today I am in a rather spacey mood, so my post is quite fitting.

First of all, I really like speaking/writing in this manner. I guess you could call it "old fashioned", but I much enjoy writing like I imagine a british american would talk. Using words such as "peculiar", "rather", "quite", etc. is quite to my liking. So that is the style in which I will write most of this post.

So there's this awesome new guy at our school named Conor. He is in my calculus class. He has lived in Scotland, Ireland, France, and Trinidad (and other places but they seem to have slipped my mind for the moment). He is totally cool, and he plays soccer, and he has an accent. We've adopted him into our group. If you go to our school, you should definitely try to meet him!

So I just got the old Paramore CD, All We Know is Falling. Its utterly amazing!!! I have fallen in love with the title track, "Pressure", "Emergency", and my favorite of all is "My Heart". I find the screamo in the latter quite unexpected, but refreshing at the same time. Its like a hardcore love song. They are still my obsession.

So I have started reading Twilight. I must confess that at first, I was rather skeptical about reading a story containing vampires. That kind of dark fantasy stuff usually totally turns me off, but I had to figure out who this Edward Cullen guy was! I started Friday night and I am already on page 157. Its most definitely a page-turner!!!

Our youth building at church was completely renovated, and I love love love the end results. Theres all new sound equipment, Xboxes, an air hockey table, and so much more! Our youth pastor believes that the mission work begins in our communities, and that a new building would be the initial attraction to people considering our youth program. But the bottom line is, its not about the building, its about the people. A lot of people were lost on this idea, and one of the most inspiring, amazing kids left our youth program. He had a true passion for God and a spirit that was on fire, but he just didn't feel that the renovation was necessary. This I have struggled with many a night, crying in my sleep about him leaving. Its something I am trying to come to terms with.

So I was conned into watching Another Cinderella Story this weekend by my friend Blair (=p). It was okay, I guess, but I HATE Selena Gomez. I don't really even know why. She is just annoying, and she sucks at singing and acting. But she can dance, I will give her that. What I don't understand is why they let Drew Seely play her love interest. He is ten years older than her! Thats bordering illegal. We also watched Tristian + Isolde, which was so romantic. I want my own Tristian!!! I do have one slight issue with that film as well, though. They didn't have a final moment of love! Tristian sent Isolde away in the boat, then went to fight, then was killed, and Isolde barely even got to speak with him! I prefer the kind of ending where they make up before one of them dies.

I got a homecoming dress this weekend, and it is beautiful!!! I am very excited about it! The dress is dark blue with a silver sash and silver beading on the bottom of the skirt. Very elegant, very sophisticated. And its usually quite a challenge for me to find a dress that I like. It has to comply with my hair color (red) my skin tone (pale) and my build (short and skinny). Also, it can't be excessively glittery, too revealing, or too hoochie.

Now I just need my date: I have a particular person in mind already. We are good friends, we talk everyday at school, and I always get 2-3 hugs from him (on average) a day. He's super nice, intelligent, and funny. Plus, he always smells sooooo good! I am asking him to go to homecoming with me as a friend, I have decided. Now I just have to work up the courage to actually do it!

So thats about it for now. I really wanna go continue reading Twilight!!!

Cheerio!

-Caroline

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's Tristan, not Tristian!!! :(

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you're reading twilight..like i didnt want to read it at first b/c it was a popular book, but then i just had to read it and i love it.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html