Saturday, September 13, 2008

An Insight of My Thoughts

I'm sitting here typing away on my keyboard and wasting the time away with my procrastination. I'm sitting here trying to think of what I should post and nothing is really coming to mind. Now that I think about it, I really should be doing my homework: balancing equations for a chemical equation, explaining the significance of the Great Awakening, finding the limit of a binomial... But I'm sitting here just dozing my thoughts onto a page of a computer screen.

I wonder what the rest of them are doing. Probably sitting here as bored as me and struggling to finish their homework. Maybe they are watching a game flash across the colorful screen, celebrating as the touch down is announced. Maybe they are chatting away though not really chatting verbally, eyes watching the "lol" appear onto a small white chat box. Maybe they are rapidly fingering a message onto a keypad, eyes never leaving the screen for the anticipation of the inevitable message soon to come. Or maybe they are in a deep slumber as the moon travels across the sky to pull the sun up, signaling the next day. I'm glad I met them. Whether they met me on accident or were just pulled by an invisible cord towards me.

Then I wonder what the rest of the population is doing. Busybodies, late night workers, single moms and dads, men and women with no place to go, a child in an orphanage. I wonder who stop to think about them. Watching them from a window as they speed by... No thoughts except for the gentle humming from the tune of the radio. Souls pacing the landscape without much purpose, save for the small green papers and the children that they bear. The government tries to alleviate their meaningless lives with these same green papers and yet they fail to see they need something so much more.

Then I wonder what the rest of the world is doing. Africa, Asia, South America and of the sort. Poverty, murder, terrorism, and the fight for patriotism that never seems to end. Darfur, Iraq and all the other things that seem to draw so much attention yet so little. So much pain and so much suffering while the hungry lay dead and the rich live on. People living in fear and confined into a country they must leave. Forever trapped by their tormentors and living on as a shadow of a lesser human being.

And so I sit here wondering as I type these little words onto a page. What was I doing? Ah yes,
I'm sitting here typing away on my keyboard and wasting the time away with my procrastination.


-June

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html