Tuesday, November 18, 2008

as promised

I have a feeling this post has great potential. First of all I have an outline and second of all I have taken a Tylenol PM already so it adds that extra element.

So first let's discuss New York.

Yes we missed the plane, but not really. You have to check your bags 30 minutes before your flight. Even though we were at the airport within the 30 minutes, we were two minutes past by the time they were ready to check our bags. This caused them to be unable to check our bags, and you can not fly without your bags. My dad yelled and yelled at the poor little guy at the desk, Roger. I felt so bad for him because it really seemed like there was nothing he could do. My dad demanded to see Roger's supervisor. The woman came over and tried to help my dad. They realized he was a member of their rewards program so we had an option for all of us to go ahead and fly on the flight we originally planned, except my dad. He would take the next flight and all of our bags. Welllllll. Once this was established they tried to get tickets printed for the flight. At that minute they were beyond the time limit to print tickets and the whole fiasco started all over again. This time he needed to see the supervisor of the supervisor. At one point he went behind the desk and looked at the computer screen himself to see what was REALLY going on. Roger did not look amused.

Well we finally made it out of Tallahassee and flew to Atlanta. We had a very short time there but we were all hungry. My dad warned us to make it extremely quick so we wouldn't miss our flight. I was the first one ready and as I approached the place where you board the man informed me that I would have to get on right then. The flight was leaving. Did I want to wait for my family? Or did I want to get on the flight? Well I told him my family would be along in a few minutes and he told me I was probably going to miss the flight. So I took my own ticket and scanned it myself, much to his distaste, and got on the plane. I was going to New York with or without the rest of them. Well it seemed as though my sister and father were taking a dangerously long time to board the plane. It turned out that my sister did not hurry when she was getting her food. She took her sweet time and was, in fact, just ordering when I boarded. Yes, we almost missed that flight too. And then she left her textbook in the airport. For about a minute I was the favorite daughter but it was short lived.

When we arrived in New York, it became apparent that we had nowhere to stay. It turned out that the hotel we were supposed to stay at had actually double booked us, so we could not stay there. We drove around and looked at several places, but they were not to the liking of my parents. "It's just not the type of place that we are used to staying." I was wondering if they realized that we might have to settle or sleep on the street. Finally we found a place, but I thought the fact that we had nowhere to go made the trip memorable.

The first night we were there we went to eat at the Red-Eye Grill. While we were waiting to be seated, Juno's dad (from Juno obviously) walked right past us. A REAL CELEBRITY. Thinking on my toes I said, "Oh my god, I love Juno!!" and he said, "Thank you." Wowsa. How awesome is that. We also had the most amazing waiter. My sister and I were both really depressed to find out he was married. We even got a picture with him before we left the restaurant.

Well I saw Wicked. I have to say it was the most spectacular thing I have seen in a long time. It made me laugh and it made me cry. The songs got stuck in my head and everything. If you ever have an opportunity to see it, do NOT pass it up. It was probably my favorite part of the trip.

We also went to Cafe One, Two, Three. I don't remember what I really had to say about that.

We saw Spamalot and it was hilarious. That was my pick for play and I was so proud of myself. I have the soundtrack now. :) Clay Aiken was in it. . . . ha ha ha.

The next day we had brunch at a really expensive place in Central Park, Tavern on the Green. They had first and second courses. I thought you had to get one of each so I spent about an extra twenty dollars on food I didn't even eat because I wasn't that hungry in the first place. Yes, at this point I was far from the favorite child.

While we were walking after brunch we saw some street performers. Breakdancers to be more specific. One of them called this three year old kid out from the crowd as the volunteer. The mother was freaking out. Turned out the guy wanted to do a flip, jump thing over her son. In fact, it was likely that he would be seriously injured if he looked up instead of keeping his head down like they told him. But, in the end the little boy was fine and the jump was awesome.

I also saw Grease on Broadway. I won't go into much detail, but it was really different from the movie. Ace from American Idol was also on it. I didn't like him much but apparently he was very attractive to most people. I guess he just isn't my type.

We went shopping. It was intense. It lasted for HOURS. And I hate shopping. This was not my favorite activity.

On our last evening there, we went Ice Skating in Bryant Park. It was only the second time I had ice skated. But I was amazing. I did not fall once. Yay for me.

During the trip home, something happened, but I can't remember what it was. I remember thinking, 'huh, I think that would be really interesting to blog about' but the Tylenol PM is really starting to kick in.

So yes that was New York.

I was going to write about the rest of my life but I think that that is enough for you to read right now.

Until next week,

-Lacey

EDIT: Now I remembered what I saw on the way home to share. We saw an arrest. A guy had 51 rounds of ammo, a hacksaw, and some type of bow staff and just nonchalantly went through security. We sat on a nearby bench and watched because we had a lay over. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha that trip was very interesting for the most part

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html