Sunday, November 2, 2008

There's No Mathematics to Love and Loss

Hey there! Blue powerblogger here!


So my Halloween was AMAZING!!! I didn't have any plans at first, so I was really bummed out, but then I decided to go to this party that a bunch of my friends went to, and it was awesome. There was food, a bonfire, ping-pong, and a hayride. And the best part was, my current "love interest" was there. Score! And we rode on the hayride together. Twice. It was quite romantic. Then, today I went to Creepy Hollow. For those of you who don't know what that is, its a haunted trail-thing that our school FCA organizes every year. It wasn't that scary, but I got to go with said "love interest" and cling to his arm when I was "frightened". Oh, our hands just so happened to touch multiple times, too. At the end, this boy we were with asked out this girl we were with, too, and it was adorable!!! I basically had a fantastic time.

Then the mood was kinda dampened though, because on the way home, "love interest" informed us that one of our friend's mom's committed suicide. It was really sad, and I almost cried. The rest of the ride home was awkward, too, because we were too depressed to talk about anything cheerful. I just feel so bad for the kid! I can't even imagine that type of loss! I want to just reach out and hug him, but I don't know how to react. I mean, its not often that this happens to one of my friends, so I don't know what to do. It breaks my heart though! And this person goes to my church, and his brother is one of our youth interns, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out. So if you pray, please, just pray for them. 

But other than that, my life is going pretty awesome. Oh, and its daylight savings tonight!!!

Until next week,

Caroline

3 comments:

More of the worst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
More of the worst said...

You're probably getting sick of hearing me say this, but every time I see one of your Anberlin references, I squeal (on the inside)! This is by far, one of my favorite songs by them!!!! =D
I love how true it is... And I'm really sorry about your friend's mom... =/

Unknown said...

I need FULL details tomorrow! Then I'll have details for you :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html