Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween! (Yesterday)

Hello people. I noticed a lack of "Happy Halloween" on this blog so let me be the first to say,"Happy Halloween!" My Halloween was pretty boring considering that there are only like 5 kids in my neighborhood. So I have a lot of leftover candy to eat now ^_^ Now to get into yesterday's spirit, let me tell you about a boring Halloween experience!

We were 6-8 years old and we were getting ready to go trick-or-treating. The parents were saying how cute our costumes are and were taking pictures. I didn't know why they thought mine was cute when I was a grim reaper. We finally set off for the neighborhood to get our hopefully-not-poisoned candy from complete strangers =D. The first few houses were normal. We yelled,"Trick-or-treat!" and they forked over the goods. Then we went to a house that was heavily decorated and we were thinking,"Oh man, this person is going to give us a ton of candy." So we rang the doorbell and a middle aged lady answers the door. We yelled our demand and eagerly awaited the ultimate prize. The lady then said,"Oh look at you guys. You are so cute! Well, I don't have any candy (I was instantly crushed) but what we do have are some healthy fruits!" We looked at each other and we were like," Are you serious?" She brought out a basket of assorted fruits and started naming them for us as she gave them out. "Here's a banana for you and a kiwi for you and... Ooo an apple! My favorite!" I ended up getting the apple (whoopdeedoo) and I didn't bother to tell her that I was allergic to them. We left the house and ended up giving the fruits to the grown ups. Never again were we fooled by the enticing decor of the house.

A little annoyed by the lady, we then set out for a house that had almost no decorations on it. A lone pumpkin sat on a rocking chair and it wasn't even carved. We rang the doorbell and we heard a noise within the house as if someone was ransacking the house. The guy in there was swearing and another guy was also swearing. It went something like,
"!@#$ where did you leave the !@#$ing candy?"
"I don't know! Don't start $#%&^ with me!"
"%$%^$ you!"
"#$%^& you too!"
We were trying so hard not to laugh when they finally came. We yelled,"Trick or treat!" In the end, they didn't find any candy so they ended up giving us those plastic spider rings. As we left, one of my friends said,"
%$%^$ you," back at the house. Yes, I had some pretty naughty friends...

Well that's all I have for you procrastinating bunch. So join us tomorrow for another awe-inspiring post from Caroline!

-June

Random Question: Does a blind person see when he or she dreams?

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html