Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Medley of Commercials

Gotta love the bipolar weather. It's late February and it's STILL snowing in parts. Horray for the effects of global warming! People are getting really worried about this too. They've been using television to get their messages through. It's kind of funny because as I'm flipping through channels, I always see those "green" commercials and exercise commercials; one of them being the new Wii Fit that just recently came out. Seriously, I think it's cool and all but going outside will have much better results than stepping on a plastic floor board over and over again.

So here is the improved parody version of that commercial.

I've laughed at a few commercials. Remember those awesome Geico ones? I loved the gecko and though it had nothing to do with actual car insurance, it got a lot of people's attention. Then came the "so easy that even a cave man can do it" commercials and my parents got a real kick out of that one. Much to my annoyance, they kept repeating that phrase for three days after viewing commercial. So where are they now? Now? Now they have that lame stack of dollar bills with those googly eyes. It's not even funny anymore. What happened?!?!? I'm starting to question whether Geico is actually a car insurance company or just a 30 second comedy stand-up. I'll stick with State Farm ^_^.

And then there are those commercials that aren't supposed to be funny but they try to make it so serious that it turns out hilarious. Check out this anti-drug ad:

And lastly, McDonald's commercials. We all know the familiar Ba-da-ba-ba-ba and maybe some of you remember "put a smile on". But what was it like back in the day when we weren't even born yet? After seeing this, I'm kinda glad I wasn't born yet.

I mean seriously! He looks like the guy from Saw! Yet another reason not to go to McDonald's.

Well that's all I got for you guys. Join us tomorrow for another extra-terrestrial post from Caroline!

-June

No random things today =(. I think the videos were good enough.

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html