Sunday, July 20, 2008

Big God, BigStuf

Okay, so this past week I was at a church camp called Bigstuf in Panama City. Did I enjoy it? Let's put it this way: It was the best week of my entire life.

First of all, I reached a more intimate relationship with God. To know that someone died for my sins so that I may live for eternity in Heaven just amazes and overwhelms me. This feeling of unconditional love is indescribeable, uncontainable; This feeling of joy is simply fantastic. I learned how to truly worship, whether it be jumping up and down and pumping my fist in the air, screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs, or kneeling on the ground with tears running down my face, completely speechless and awestruck by God's amazing love. I even wrote a song based on the events of BigStuf. In one week, I became closer to God than in my seven years as a christian.

Then there was my roomate situation. I roomed with some of my best friends, and some girls that I hadn't known really well. I strengthened my friendship with all the people in my room. They are the most wonderful girls I know and I love them all. Except three of them are practically in love with the guy I like. But that's besides the point...

Oh yeah, and I met my future husband. He is nineteen, extremely adorable, and a magnificent singer. I can't even describe how cute he is!!!! He led worship, using his glorious voice and guitar skills. I'm basically in love with him, and I got a picture taken with him.

We also saw a world famous magician, the african children's choir, and Jeff Foxworthy came and preached.

One of the best parts was getting closer with my entire youth group. We are all like one big family. I cheered for our volleyball team, THE JORTS (jean+shorts) I talked to them, and I just got to know them all a lot better.

So, as I said before, this was the most amazing week of my entire life. I've seen that God can create miracles and I have felt his love. I have made many friends and even more memories. And know I can broadcast the message of God to everyone.

-Caroline

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome about getting closer to God!! But I really really expect to see that picture with the hot guy asap cause i want to marvel too :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html