Sunday, July 27, 2008

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not...

I had initially planned on blogging about my own religious beliefs today, but I decided to let the God vs. No God issue simmer down a bit so instead I am writing about something else that I am pretty obsessed with: Boys.

Except when it comes to boys, I kinda got the short end of the stick. Sure, I am pretty smart, I like to think that I am somewhat good looking, and I am fairly friendly. There are a couple of problems: I am really short (I guess this is a turnoff) I can be a know-it-all, and I suck at flirting. Yes, I have had my share of boy problems, and for future reference, I have organized them into scenarios. Now, to all of our male viewers, I advise you to read this as well, just so that you may get a bit of a further glimpse into the female mind...

Scenario 1: The Two Timer
Okay, so I was in first grade and I had my first "boyfriend" (I don't really think you can have an official relationship in elementary school, but at the time, I didn't know any better). Things were going swell, when I found out that my boyfriend was sharing his snack with another woman!! I didn't know a six year old could be a player...

Scenario 2: Tag
All during third grade, I liked this kid. Then, over the summer I accepted the fact that he didn't like me back, so I moved on. It seemed like just when I stopped liking him, he started liking me! It went back and forth like this for a while, but then I found out that he was a jerk and stopped the madness...

Scenario 3: Excessive Pursuit/ Rejection
There was this other boy I liked in elementary school. Everyday on the playground, I asked him to be my boyfriend. This went on for a couple of weeks, until he finally gave in. The only problem was, he didn't go out with me because he liked me, but because he thought that if he said yes then I would stop bugging him. Shortly later, I found out that he was flirting with my arch nemesis...

Scenario 4: Dead End Flirting
Okay, so this one guy and I sat next to each other in a couple of classes and we flirted constantly. I remember being so enraptured by him, thinking that he certainly liked me as well, but then he asked out another girl and I was left wondering, "was all that flirting in vain?". I guess it was one of those, "I'll flirt with you until something better comes along" kind of situations...

Scenario 5: The Two Year Crush
These past two years, I've had a crush on one guy. And let me say, it sucked. Sure, we were great friends, but our relationship was based on teasing. He would say, "Caroline, shut up! You're short!" and I would respond with some sort of witty comeback. We always joked around with each other and just had a good time. But Neither of us ever left our comfort zone, at least not for long. Occasionally, he would say something that just made my heart melt, but then it was back to joking and teasing. Oh, and now he likes one of my friends...bummer

Scenario 6: Surprise Rejection
Then there are some relationships that you're POSITIVE will work out. You chat on the way to class, you share a lot of the same interests, and rumors are going around that he likes you, too. You think all is going great, that is, until that person's best friend breaks the news that he's really not that into you...

Scenario 7: Major Turn Off
Well, one time I had a huge crush on this really cute boy, but then I actually talked to him and he was a major racist. Next...

Scenario 8: Stay Tuned...
Maybe this person could be the one that actually likes me back! Between cute text messages, hugs, sharing drinks and major flirting, something could blossom. I don't know what, but I fully intend to find out...

So hopefully that was somewhat entertaining. Maybe you picked up a few tips along the way; Maybe you just laughed and said, "Man, that girl has a sucky life!!" But all I know is, things HAVE to start looking up for me in the boy department.

-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html