Saturday, July 26, 2008

Origins of the Power Bloggers (Green Blogger's Perspective)

After reading a post, my mom asked me,
"Exactly how did you guys get this blog going? It seems so random and yet well put together."
I don't even know the answer to that but what I CAN do is tell you how I met everyone on the power blogging team (you can correct me or scold me in the comments if I forget anything because i think i'm starting to get amnesia) and how this blog started =) I'll be going in order by day.

Caroline:
I actually have no memory of how we met. I vaguely remember saying hi to you from time to time during freshman year. How we REALLY got our friendship going was the class we all love and hate, chemistry. Ah yes, our teacher decided to change our seating arrangements one day. I was like, "Whatever," when I was paired to sit with Caroline. Right when I put my head down to sleep, she started singing/hum
ming. I looked up a bit annoyed but later on, I learned that she wanted to become a singing architect. She is really good at singing and she was the one I looked to when I didn't know the answers to most of the problems. She also drew graffiti all over my papers when I was asleep. Caroline is such a delinquent. Anyway,
blue power blogger = great singer.

Brianna:
The awesome person who started this whole blog. I can semi-remember how we met. Ahhh the good old days with Mr.Miller back
in middle school. I remember that every year, the violas would dwindle in number to almost nothing. But you would stay firmly put in the orchestra as a viola... no matter how many viola jokes we made xD. Haha you even got mad when I asked if you were ever going to switch to violin. Hmm... how we first met? I think it was like,
Me: "Hi, my name is June."
Bri: (very shyly) "Hey..."
Me: (thinking) "Oh okay. She doesn't want to talk to me. Meh, I'm going to try talking anyway."
"So what's you're name?
Bri: "Brianna."
Me: "Oh cool."
(If you remember how we met,
please tell me because that's all I remember)
gold power blogger = dedicated viola player who likes superman and the power rangers

Lacey:
Haha. Sorry Lacey but I don't really know you all too well. But I CAN relate to when we actually interacted with one another. Back to the chem class. I was partnered up with my friends until I was forcefully yanked apart from them and put with Blair's and Lacey's group. I was a little sad because Blair gave me the i
mpression that she was evil (she even agreed to it when I said she was evil) and I barely knew Lacey. So I say hi twice to them because I'm slightly uncomfortable with them. Then Lacey gives me this glare like she was saying,
"I don't know you but I already don't like you."
She walks away and I look at Blair and ask,
"What was with that look? I mean she was all like... (does the Lacey glare)"
Blair just laughs and I ask,
"What?"
Blair just laughs again.

yellow power blogger = emotional girl who can use telepathy with her eyes

Viv:
I remember you with Megan in Math Research. I was in the waaaaay corner of the room and you guys would be in front of me. I had a weird streak going that year and I tried to bother Megan and Viv a lot... no I mean a LOT. I remember looking at you doing math (which we rarely did in that class) and I was like,
"Wow. How do you know all this?"
Viv: (giving me a weird look) "I just do."
Me: "Ummmm.... okay."
Viv also commented
on my "not smiling all the time" a lot.
Viv: (semi-nagging tone) "You never smile. I look at you and you're just like... (puts a very glum face on)"
Me: "Sorry. I'm just like that." (puts on a very forced smile)
purple power blogger = one of the smartest people i know who really wants to see me to smile

Jonathan:
This goes back... waaaaaaaaaay back in time during the period of Yugioh cards and the big dirt mound we allegedly called,"God's pimple." Actually Sarah named it that but I still remember =).
I was new to the elementary school so during recess time, I was hopelessly lost on who to play with. So I sat on a table and watched these weirder-than-average people play. Suddenly the red head spots me and says,
"Hey! You want to join us?"
I was a little reluctant because I was a shy little Asian boy with little to zero social skills but I decided to play anyway. So then the red head says,"Hi. I'm Jonathan. And this is Rebecca, Sarah, etc, etc, not important people (just kidding xD). So we all put our feet in together to decide whos "It". After that, it was all Yugioh, tag, digging for ant lions, etc. I don't think I would've survived that school without you and the rest so thanks =).
black power blogger = DIY frenchman who likes Apple

Kejing:
You remember the first thing I ever said to you when we met? It was the first day of team sports (a very pointless fitness class). I try to look for someone I know and I finally spot someone. My friend Anna and I were talking and she made an Asian crack,
"All you Asians are smart."
So I look over at two bored looking Asian girls and I tell them,
"Hey. You see that girl over there? (pointing to Anna) She's racist against Asians." Immediately (i was really surprised) they band together and defend their continent. One of those girls was Kejing. As the year went on, I learned that she was smarter than the average Asian and a certain someone even called her the Asian Wonder.
red power blogger = communist stalker who is also one of the smartest people i know

Brianna decided one day to choose 6 other people for their different personalities. Those 6 people happened to be us. Together, we agreed that this blog was going to be random but at least we would have fun out of the randomness. It was going to be modeled after the Power Rangers and we would each have our own color. A few ground rules were set but I don't want to recite rules and I very much doubt anyone would want to read them. Rules are meant to be broken anyway.
7 different people all banded together for one purpose. We are the Power Bloggers.



(man we chose weird colors. so lets settle for this picture. and ignore the "please select a category from the left")

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

june,you know i'm not racist and that was just mean with how you met kejing. I remember the first day of you meeting kejing too(well, i met her that day also)just as well as you do..-glares-

Anonymous said...

June, I'm sorry that it is in my nature to sing when I am bored (which, of course, is every day in chem class) but it is a habit. haha

oh and you forgot to mention the fact that I always write stuff on your papers when you are sleeping...

Viv said...

Aw, sorry about the nagging; I was actually pretty impressed with your ability to keep a blank stare 99.8% of the time. The other .2%, pure craziness.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE being mentioned in these posts :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html