Friday, July 4, 2008

Red on a Patriotic Day

This morning, as I turned from my street to bike onto the larger one that goes through the neighborhood, I passed a stucco home at the side of the road. Small flags of the USA were lined up along the edge of its lawn. On both sides of the sidewalk. I can imagine the owner of the house with a huge pile of these tiny ornaments, spacing each small wooden pole equally away from its fellow red, white and blue friends. Watching over them was a larger flag, attached to the side of the house.
What I wouldn't give to have that many Chinese flags.
Yesterday, excitement ensued when my good American brother informed me that a Chinese person was going to be in the semifinals at the 2008 Wimbledon Championships. Great stuff.
And now that I have referred to my home country quite enough for this post, it is mildly important to note that I would not rather live in another country in the world than the United States (as far as I know at this moment). Because for now, I am having an invigorating discussion with my favorite sibling's oldest younger sister about Nadal's victorious tiebreaker against Schüttler.
I'm pretty stoked about Sky Sport's animated favicon, because I've never seen one that could change. I found the website from some Googling so I could find a way to spell the German guy's name. That probably wasn't overly exciting for you.
For the first time in my life, I will stand on American soil further west than Minnesota. Therefore, if there is anyone who would like to do a fill-in [edit: Friday the 18th], please leave a comment, and I will get back to you as soon as I see that it has arrived in my Gmail Inbox. My only request is that you do not tout any capitalist ideals in place of the red Power Blogger.
Have a marvelous Fourth of July.

-Kejing (I never remember to sign my name
until after the post is published.)

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html