Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The New Pollution

First, thanks Sarah for your post last week! I really enjoyed it, not to mention you saved my ass.

So I got back from the nationals trip some time ago, and yet I’m still suffering from jetlag (a.k.a. laziness) and I’ve basically done nothing. In fact, I spend most of my time just feeling guilty about not doing anything when I have so much work to do. I haven’t started the Calc packet, the summer reading, or my SAT prep homework.

But I have been listening to Beck. A lot. I just started listening to the album Odelay and it’s been on repeat for the past week. So I decided to share a little bit of the fun with all of you.

I only wish I could dance like that.

Also, I have a little story for everyone. During nationals, on our way back from Yosemite, a group of us were bored and decided to start a story where each one of us (I didn’t actually participate since I suck at storytelling) would add on a sentence (or extreme run on sentences) alternating. Well, this went on for so long that by the time we got a taxi to go back to our hotel three of us had died and Erica had given birth to a full grow Shuyao. Now, for some reason, one of was blind, and they were reading something in braille when our taxi driver decided to share a little story of his own.

“A friend of mine once found a whole stack of Playboys in braille,” he says in a smarmy, husky voice.

At first, there is dead silence as the creepiness of this man who is currently in full control of our well being sinks in. We all then let out a mighty laugh, the type of solid laugh that comes only when you’re in too uncomfortable a situation to do anything else. The driver, of course, takes this as a sign that his joke has gone over well and lets out a hearty laugh himself.

We quickly wrapped up the story after that.

May your week be free of awkward moments with taxi drivers.

-Viv

1 comment:

erica said...

oh my gosh. i couldn't stop laughing just now. that was so incredibly awkward. "my friend" hah! i bet it was him! (i'm still laughing)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html