Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pineapple Tidbits

So I just got back in town yesterday, and my mind is kinda fried, and I couldn't think of something to write about. So instead I'm writing about several things.

Last year in october, I went on a beach retreat with my church. Now, I am extremely picky, so the food situation was an issue. The food served was cafeteria-style, and I've never actually eaten anything out of a school cafeteria. It was disgusting! Instead, I brought my own food-apples, ritz crackers, teddy grahams, and, of course, pineapple tidbits. Thats what I lived off of for the weekend.

Those of you who read this blog regularly probably remember my television rant from about a month ago. So last fall, I saw commercials for this new show on ABC family called Greek, which is about partying, drinking, and frat life. I was slightly appalled by the fact that that sort of content was being shown on a family network, but I saw an episode of Greek and I must say, I'm hooked. It revolves around Casey Cartwright, who attends Cyprus Rhodes University and is in a sorority. Her geeky brother, Rusty, arrives, and he decides to join the frat led by Casey's ex, Cappie (who is really hot) and Rusty gets into a huge fight with Casey's current bf, Evan (who is also really hot). And Cappie still loves Casey. Its a great show, so you should watch it. And its more than just partying and drinking, I promise.

We were up in the mountains for the fourth, and my family decided to go see some fireworks that were being set off in a park. The park was really crowded though, so we ended up sitting in a parking lot down the street to watch the fireworks. All we could see were some tiny fireworks from behind some trees, and it was pretty sucky. A lot of people started leaving, and we considered doing the same. After about half the people had left, thouroughly disappointed with the fireworks display, the real ones started. They were amazing! I couldn't help but chuckle about those who'd left before the show.

Up in the mountains, my cousins and I play this game called "Richies". Its kinda ridiculous. We pretend that we're these really rich kids whose parents died in a plane crash. I play the oldest girl, Amelie, who is 23 years old and has to raise her siblings while balancing college and a social life. I attend "Atlanta Institute of Engineering and Design" (which is a made up university) and I actually teach myself architectural history and design concepts. Its weird, I know, but I've learned a lot from it!

This little "tidbit" is about stuffed animals. I have a stuffed animal collection, but my mom always wants me to put them in plastic bags and throw them in the attic. I can't do that!! They'll suffocate!! So instead, I found a hiding place for them. My bed has a trundle bed underneath it, so I push the trundle against the wall behind my bed. This creates a little ledge for all of my animals to sit on, and they can't be seen by my mother.

My aunt has a nice car, and it has XM radio in it, which I love. Her kids listen to Top 20 on 20 all the time. This is a real treat for me, because my mom only plays christian music in her car. I love christian music, but after a while, all the songs sound the same. On Top 20 on 20, there are all types of music. I've recently fallen in love with "That's what you get" by Paramore, "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade, and "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven. When I get a car, I'm getting XM radio.

So those are all my tidbits of information.

And I just looked at my calendar, and its still on April 19.

-Caroline

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey Caroline!
Love your post this week- very ADD.
Anyway, I just wanted to give you the heads up that I went ahead and colored your post blue for you. Seems like you forgot this week. Have a great week!

Blondie said...

omg, i love greek too! it is definitely more than just about partying and drinking. i'm hooked to the show too!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html