Saturday, February 21, 2009

An Insight of My Thoughts 3

What to do, what to do.... I can do my homework and study all night long. I can play my guitar and fill my senses with the sound of music. I can play video games until my head buzzes and I'm staggering to bed. I can go online and talk to my friends until they get tired of me and leave. I can do all sorts of activities today. So many choices. So many roads and so many pathways confusing me to this direction and that direction; an endless labyrinth with many dead ends and even more roads branching off those roads with more roads branching off on those roads. Sometimes ropes and chains restrict my hands and feet, forcing me to take the path that leads me to where I never intended to go. Sometimes a road block punches me back to the beginning of my trip, forcing me to trek the path once more. Sometimes the marble paths lined with gold are so tempting even though I can see the gravel and broken glass littering the path. So many choices, so many consequences, so many victories, all leading to the edge of the abyss in which no man or woman can escape. Looking back, I wonder if I walked the way that I wanted to. I look back at the garbage that litters the road and the people waving back at me, traveling on their own roads. I wish I could pick up that garbage and make the road look at least a little nicer. But I plan to make the road ahead much cleaner. I plan to make it shine and make it look like the "road less traveled". Because nobody can travel the same road that I'm on, so why not make it my own? Stroll like there is no tomorrow, stride like there is no yesterday, strive like every step matters. Make the short trip worthwhile.

School has a lot of masks. Don't you see them? Everybody wears one. She wears one, he wears one, they wear masks, and even I wear one. The masks look so happy. They tell you the world is just fine and everything is okay and they want to be your friend and you can always rely on them. That's a big promise. Is the world really just fine? Is everything okay? Do you want to be my friend? Can I rely on you? I don't really understand or know what you're saying. Maybe if you took off that mask I could hear you better. Hey, hey? Can you hear anything I say? I guess not.

-June

Shout Out: I'm curious as to who actually reads this blog. If you are reading this, just leave a comment on this post so I can get a grasp of how many people are keeping up with us. Thanks! =)

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Normally I skim over all the posts, even though they normally arent' as long as yours, but I always read all of yours.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your posts they keep me thinking.

Anonymous said...

I read/skim the posts! Usually actually read!

lilystar said...

I skim most posts usu. on weekends. I read June's. :)

하늘 said...

ㅋㅋ 시간날때??
괸이 학국말이...
이거 읽을수는 있을까?? 우리 현준??
ㅋㅋ
글 잘 읽고 간다~
ㅋㅋ

Anonymous said...

I read them. I just am not always timely with it.

Anonymous said...

I read this blog... when I remember to. :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html