Monday, June 15, 2009

Basketball

My church holds an annual basketball tournament for the youth each summer. We compete in our various wards (divisions based on locations). This year, they decided this was no longer fair, and put the guys on teams based on skill level. The girls, however, stayed on ward teams. Since about the number of girls is about as half as the guys we only had two teams this year. I was ok with this, considering our ward had won every year since I was twelve.

Now, I'm no basketball player. I know the rules, and I can run up and down a court. I can't shoot or anything of that nature. But the girls are always bad, so it's cool. I looked forward to our team winning again this year.

Right before the game, one the girls said, "How do play basketball?" I laughed, thinking she was joking. She wasn't. I was surprised that my almost everyone on my team just stood stationary. We even had a clinic before going over rules and drills! So for the first time in five years, we lost. I played as hard as a could, and was the "star" of the team...though it wasn't much to be compared to.

So just a story...it didn't really have a point. :)

-Brianna

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html