Friday, June 19, 2009

What? Already?

We have 380 posts. Doesn't that mean we have been posting for over a year? I am so happy about that. Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it, but I did not see it.
There are two more months of summer. I hope to enjoy them as fully as possible before people have to leave.
Yesterday on Facebook, I became a fan of the World's Largest Brat Fest. This used to take place outside a small mall that was only a 15 minute walk from my house, or so. Then, it was moved to the Alliant Energy Center, which is basically like a civic center. So many volunteers volunteer to cook brats and hotdogs. It is amazing. Then, there are tables where they put the condiments, and round porch tables with umbrellas to eat the food, and drink the pepsi or whatever they had in the Pepsi cups. I don't mean that in a bad way. I never went to the ones at the Alliant Energy Center. They moved it there because the Brat Fest just got so humongous, I suppose, that they couldn't fit it in the parking lot of a mall. Anyway, it is so fun and actually quite safe. Now, watch there be a news report about a kid being kidnapped from the Brat Fest. But it was one of the cool things that could be done back in the day, up north.
Today, on the way home, I had a very loud conversation with Erica. It was loud because I put the phone on speakerphone so I didn't have to put it up to my ear, therefore reducing the distance between my right hand and the steering wheel, in case I needed to drive with both hands during the phone call. She tried to explain where Tropical Smoothie is. I drove a bit too far into the area with all the rich people shops. But then, since I decided to drive back and look around again, I found it! I went in, and it turns out that one type of smoothie was free for the I'm guessing first 100?ish customers, but it was half-off now. So that was interesting. Later, I visualized Lacey being horrified that a smoothie could be half-off, since she uses those plastic eggs to hold precisely the amount of change needed for one smoothie. I think that is so smart of her, but she and my other friends do many, many smart things. That was not meant to have a sarcastic undertone.
My friend in Wisconsin had to use the search box to find an email from December, and finally replied. I decided to write her a letter a month or so ago, and she said she sent it on Wednesday. I am so excited.
Another interesting thing is that Nathaniel and I have finally begun to speak Spanish online. Hopefully, it will benefit both of us by practicing more, but I'm pretty sure it is mainly benefiting me, because he is much better than I. In fact, unless I am mistaken, he received a "5" on his AP Spanish Language exam. Incredible kid. Or young man.
I'm going to try to talk to him now.
Good-bye until next week!
Oh, that reminds me of something I thought was extremely well-said at the funeral yesterday. Chanyang and Gyeongbae told everyone that they did not need to say good-bye to their mom because they would just see her later in heaven because they knew that they could meet there. I thought that was wonderful.
(I am Atheist, though.)
-Kejing

1 comment:

Blair said...

National Flip Flop Day!! First 500 people btw :)

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html