Sunday, June 7, 2009

Your Love is Strong

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here!


This past week, I went to an amazing service camp with my church called Love At Work. Here is my testimony from it. I had the opportunity to share it tonight at our stockholders' dinner.

Love At Work 2009

Testimony

This week revolved around the idea of “shalom”, which means inner and outer peace. These two components of shalom are interdependent, and I think it’s difficult for one to exist without the other. Working in Gretna over the past seven days has taught me a lot about outer peace. One of God’s greatest commandments is for us to love our neighbors as ourselves. I had previously believed that “neighbor” meant friends and family, but now I know that nearly everyone is to be considered as my neighbor. Each new person I come into contact with is a new opportunity for me to share God’s love. This week, I met some new people and increased my relationships with those I already knew. I was put into a diverse work group where I only knew one or two people well. Through working with the other eight people on my team, I was able to create new friendships and I was blessed with more opportunities to show love to them through my words and actions. Through my overall experience at Love At Work, I learned how to love despite social, economic or racial differences, I learned how to love despite differences in lifestyles and beliefs, and I discovered what it means to truly be a servant in Christ. I hope these values will stick with me for the rest of my life as I come across new people and share God’s love with them.


It was basically one of the most eye-opening experiences of the year, and I really hope that the rest of the summer holds the same standard! And listen to the song "Your Love is Strong" by Jon Foreman. I cried during it. It's beautiful.

Have a fantabulous week! Until next Sunday,
-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html