Saturday, June 27, 2009

There Needs To Be More Guys With The Name "June" In This World

It was a typical afternoon. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I was watching mezmerizing day time television. All of a sudden, someone rang the doorbell. I wearily rose and went to the door. I opened the door and surprise! A guy in combat fatigues holding a folder labled "Army". He smiled an amiable smile and said, "Hello. I'm Sergeant (Insert Name Here). Is June (Insert Last Name Here) in the house?"
I nodded, "Yes."
His eyes widened a fraction and I instantly knew why. Anyone would be a bit uncomfortable if he or she saw me with PJ's and a bed head. "I'm here to offer a program," he continued.
As he talked I noticed that he seemed pretty nice for a sergeant. "I could be friends with this guy," I thought. "If it wasn't such an intrusion, I could invite this guy over for tennis sometime. Huh, yeah right. I'll just politely accept the packet and he can go on his way."
After a few moments of talking, none of which I could remember because I was barely listening, he stopped and searched the house with his peripheral vision.
"So is your sister here? I would like to talk to June face to face... Could you get her for me?"
Soundless glass shatters in the background.
"Um, I'm June," I said with an uneasy smile.
"Oh, you're June? Sorry about that."
"It's okay. I get that sometimes."
Awkward silence.
I shifted uneasily.
The seargent recollected himself and managed to say, "Well, *clears throat* that's the program if you're interested. Here is the packet."
He handed me the packet.
"If you need anything or have any questions, you can give a call to the number on the folder. Thank you for your time."
"Okay, thank you. Bye." I said with an artificial voice.
He left and I closed the door. I took a fleeting glance at the "Army" packet and then tossed it into the junk mail pile.
The air force never sounded so good.

-June

1 comment:

Ryan said...

This better be one helluva post.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html