Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer To-Do List

So to entertain you all (thank me for not using its more colloquial contraction), I decided that I would write about what I have/will be[en] working on this summer.

  • Getting a job- well, since I don't have one yet, you can guess how well this is going.
  • Building new bookshelves in the office- this one isn't mine, it's my dad's but since he yells at me to help him with every mundane step it's practically my project. It's going to be a long summer.
  • Installing and running Ubuntu- I got it installed. Now let's try and coerce it into actually running.
  • Learning like 4 new piano pieces- yeah, when I get the time, okay?
  • New fandangled media center system in my room- this one is a vague fantasy of mine that I'm twiddling with in my spare time. It involves routing all my major electronics into an interface to control everything from my consoles to my iPod and the badass speakers I found. So far I harvested the screen off a digital picture frame and I want that to be the display for all the fun. Yeah, I've got a ways to go.
  • Run an ethernet (cat 7 preferrably) line to my room- I'm sick of my shoddy wireless connection. So I want to run about 150' of ethernet cabling from the office, up into the attic, and down into my room where it will be greeted greedily by my computer and new router to give my room some actual WiFi.
  • CoHost a Harry Potter and the Half Bood Prince viewing party the night of the midnight premier- yeah, if you haven't already RSVP'ed to the event on FaceBook, go do it now. I'm not kidding, I know where you live. I have a wand.
Okay, that's probably the bulk of it.


Have a good remaining month and a half of summer!

- Jonathan

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html