Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another Music Rant

It looks like everyone went somewhere during the week.

What to write, what to write....
Ever have one of those blank moments when you really need something to remember or plan but it never comes? I hate those. They sneak up on you when you least expect it and knock you into a submissive state where you are left looking blankly at nothing, desperately trying to find the dregs of memories locked deep inside the banks of your slightly failing brain as you continually spiral until you are screaming for release as the blank moment drags you deeper and deeper into the abyss of forgetfulness which is as unforgiving as the intense embers and freezer-burning icicles of hell.

Wow, I had no idea where that came from. Though grammatically incorrect in some parts, I have to say that was pretty impressive for an on-the-fly improvisation.

Usually when I have nothing to write about, I resort to talking about music! What exactly do you see music as? Something that you can listen to or something that soothes you when you're mad? Something along those lines? I look at music a little differently than people.
Music is like clay. You can mold it, shape it, and form it into anything you like. I'm a song writer so this is a little more pronounced to me. Would you like to make it slow classical? Would you like to make it heavy bass rap? Or maybe screamo metal? Pretty much anything. That's what I love so much about it. It's a form of expression. It's an art. If a picture is worth 1000 words then how many words is a song worth?
..... Well I guess if you count the number of words in the lyrics.... bleh you know what I mean.
Most of all, music is harmonic. It requires the sync of all instruments together. Personally, I don't like the solos by a single instrument alone. The only instruments that could pull off a lone solo is the piano and maybe the guitar.
Take a listen to the first song that came on shuffle in my iPod.
Try to follow one instrument. Then try to follow a different one. Each has a different rhythm and different notes yet it all fits together into something that works. It doesn't quite work if it was just drums or just guitar or just the singer. Each is a broken piece of a song but once together, it brings them all together into one full fledged song. They are beautifully broken. You see what I did there? I cleverly included the song title into my post.
I am so lame. ^_^

I don't know if I gave you a glimpse of my perspective or utterly failed. I hope I didn't fail =D. So I hope everyone is back for this coming week. If not then have fun at wherever you're going!

-June

Random Shout Out: If any of you are interested in playing tennis, then you are welcome to come on Saturday. I am always there. If you want to know exactly where, Facebook me or something because I don't want to attract blog stalkers to us xD.

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html