Monday, April 6, 2009

College

One of the most interesting experiences I had over spring break was probably my campus tour of UCF. I think it was just cool to walk around the campus and realizing that in less than a year and a half I'll be in college like these kids.

The campus was absolutely gorgeous. Everything in Orlando is, as Amanda pointed out the entire ride through the city. It was hot and gross as we walked around, but I really enjoyed myself. I'm not saying that after going to UCF that it is now the college of my choice, in fact I'm about as close to making a decision about a college as I was a week ago. However, I thought one thing that was cool about UCF is that they have rolling admissions, so you just apply and they send you a response. There's no date that all the admission letters get sent out. So there's a good chance I'll apply there early on, just to be accepted somewhere, since it's not terribly difficult to get in to.

Anyway, I'm really excited to go to college. I finally have some idea what I'm going to do too. It took me a while but I think I want to major in social work. Now before you laugh, which a lot of people seem to do when I say that, I should explain that I don't want to be a social worker. I either want to deal with public administration and maybe run a nonprofit organization, or do law and work with maybe children cases or something like that. Either way, it'll have to do with social work. And I can't wait to go to college and study it.

-Brianna

1 comment:

Arletta said...

Dude, you should DEFINITELY come to UCF if I get in.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html