Saturday, April 25, 2009

Those of you who know me but don't know me...

I've been getting a lot of statements shot towards me that I thought were obvious. For instance, when I said, "Back when I wore glasses..." to a specific person, that person, surprised, asks me, "What??? You wore glasses? Oh, so you're wearing contacts now?" Sadly, this person knew me for a year or more and it took a whole year for that fact to finally sink in. So I decided to dedicate this post to random facts about me that people should know by now... At least the ones who knew me for OVER A YEAR!

1. I wear contacts. If you didn't catch on to what I wrote above, then I'll tell you again: I wear contacts. I repeat: I WEAR CONTACTS!
2. I hate country music. Ugh, I'm sorry to people who like country music but I can't find a single thing that is appealing about it.
3. I used to play the violin and now I play guitar. If you didn't know this, you have some serious catching up to do. Hm, actually I'm going back to the orchestra for one more year so I guess I can let this one slide.
4. I'm Korean. I'm not Japanese, I'm not Chinese, I'm not Vietnamese, I'm not Taiwanese, and I'm not Iraqi. I'M KOREAN. And don't come up to me and ask me whether I came from North or South Korea. In North Korea, they won't let people out so would it make sense for me to be in America where I could be possibly be deported for being illegally smuggled into a different country?
5. I don't know kung fu. I do know karate, however. I have to maintain some kind of stereotype, yeah? ^_^
6. Interestingly, a few people thought I was a senior. While I'm flattered that you think so, no I'm a junior.
7. I play tennis. This is a blatantly obvious fact and we should stop being friends if you did not know this. >:(
8. I'm double lidded in one eye and single lidded in the other. I don't know how this happened. I used to be single lidded in both but then one of the eyes became tired of being a boring single lid; hence the double lid in the other.
9. I'm Christian. Most people notice this by looking at my phone but if you read this blog, you should be able to tell by now ^_^.
10. Finally, my name did not originate from the month, nor was it inspired by the month, nor does it have anything to do with the month June. It comes from my Korean name and if you're a close enough friend (or if someone's tongue slips and you're lucky), then you will know what it is.

AP exams are coming (nooooo)! So if you're in the same muck as me, join us tomorrow for another refreshing, rejuvenating, relaxing, revitalizing, restoring, reinvigorating post from Caroline!

-June

Random Question: Who would win in fight between a gorilla and a bear?

2 comments:

Shuyao said...

I'm so proud of myself. I knew all but #8.

anna said...

how come i don't know your korean name!? i knew all of them except for your korean name and #8.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html