Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sassafrass!

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here!


So I have spent the entire day today building a bridge and writing a play. The bridge is epic. It is made entirely out of popsicle sticks and hot glue, and I can stand on it without it breaking. I mean, I weigh less than 100 pounds, but still, it's an amazing feat. Can you tell I am proud of myself? And humble, too...

This play, on the other hand, is kind of annoying to write. It's mainly because I chose to write based on things that are actually occurring in my life, and every line I write is how I wish it was happening for real. Here's the first snippet:

Curtains open on a small room filled with musical equipment. AARON is sitting in a shabby chair changing the strings on his guitar. KEVIN is tightening the screws on his drum heads. JEREMY is setting up an amplifier.

 

JEREMY:

So how was Karson’s party last night?

AARON:

It was a lot of fun! You guys should have gone!

JEREMY:

Nah, Robyn was going, and I really didn’t want to have to deal with her. She’s beginning to freak me out!

KEVIN:

Why?

JEREMY:

She keeps stalking me. And texting me. And calling me. I was afraid of what she might attempt in person!

KEVIN:

Oh yeah, remember backstage at our last show?

JEREMY:

You mean when she tried to kiss me? Yeah, I didn’t want a replay of that!

KEVIN:

So, anyways, was Hayley there?

AARON:

(stammering) Uh, yeah, we, uh, we hung out for most of the party.

KEVIN:

Oh. That’s cool.

JEREMY:

Where is she anyways?

AARON:

She said she’d be here in about ten minutes. She had a dentist appointment or something.

JEREMY:

Okay, well I guess we can start practicing some of the instrumentals without her. Which one should we do first?

KEVIN:

Um, let’s do “I’ll Never Go”.

AARON and JEREMY:

Ok.

 

AARON picks up his guitar, JEREMY grabs the bass, and KEVIN sits behind the drum set. KEVIN counts off, and they all start playing. AARON keeps making multiple mistakes and seems to be unfocused on what he’s doing. JEREMY and KEVIN notice.

 

KEVIN:

Hold on, hold on. Aaron! Dude, what are you doing?

AARON:

Ugh, I don’t know, everything just seems off.

JEREMY:

Let’s just start over from the second chorus.

 

The boys resume playing the song, JEREMY and KEVIN hit all their notes/beats, but AARON is still messing up.

 

KEVIN:

Okay, seriously? Aaron, our show is in five hours. Get it together!

AARON:

I know, I just-I just have a lot on my mind.

JEREMY:

Why? What’s going on?

AARON:

Don’t worry about it. Let’s just keep practicing.

KEVIN:

Dude, just tell us. If you don’t get it off your chest, you’re not gonna be able to focus, and we’re gonna suck at the show.

JEREMY:

Yeah, seriously, what’s bothering you?

AARON:

Okay, well I will tell you guys, but you have to swear on your Meinls and your Gibson that you won’t tell anyone else!

JEREMY:

I promise!

KEVIN:

Dude, you can trust me.

AARON:

Ok, well,


And for the rest, you will just have to wait and see! All of the names are musically symbolic, though. Aaron refers to Aaron Gillespie, a.k.a my future husband (I wish!), Jeremy refers to Jeremy DePoyster (I love him as well), Kevin refers to Kevin Federline (whom I dislike immensly, as does pretty much everyone else on this planet), and Hayley refers to Hayley Williams! 

And listen to pretty much every song off of The Devil Wears Prada's new CD! IT'S AMAZZZZZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next week,
-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html