Sunday, April 12, 2009

Still Fly

Hello there, Blue Powerblogger here! 


Happy Easter to everyone! I kinda hate how commercialized Easter is though. We focus on a magical bunny who leaves us eggs to hunt for and candy. Some of my friends get money. Some of my friends get movies or music or clothes. I got jewelry and pool stuff. Why is Easter just another excuse for presents? I was supposed to go to my aunt and uncle's farm this weekend. My mom asked me if I would rather be part of the kid's easter egg hunt which involved candy prizes, or the adult easter egg hunt, which involved money. My flat out response was: "Neither. It's ridiculous that we are searching for money anyways. I refuse to take part in such a materialistic activity." And I know I am kind of a hypocrite, because I participate in many "commercial" aspects of different holidays, but I guess I was just in an antagonistic mood or something. 

At church this morning, my youth pastor described, in detail, how one dies on a cross. Vivid detail. I almost passed out.

I got to "enjoy" my day with my three cousins...each annoying in their own special way. One named me after her new Webkinz stuffed animal. It was an orca whale. When I asked her why, she said "It's fat!". I am seventeen years old and weigh 90 pounds. FML.

Tonight I watched the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" that was filmed in my city. It was the most moving episode I have ever seen, and it's not just because it took place here. I don't want to give the ending away, but it was just so sad and so happy and emotional and everything at the same time. 

I also got hooked on "SMOSH" this weekend. It's this series of web shows by two college kids. One's semi-emo and the other is a major geek. They are pretty hilarious.

And I finally recorded with UNclaimed!!! It's only a small part, but still it was so much fun!!!

Listen to "Still Fly" by The Devil Wears Prada. It's off this super awesome CD called Punk Goes Crunk, in which they take hip-hop and R&B songs and alternative bands remix them and make them sound 10000000000000x more amazing and epic!!!

I hope everyone had an awesome Easter!!!

Until next week, 
-Caroline

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html