Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thought Thoughts on the Theory of Things

Today, when examining several topics to broach, I realized that none sounded appealing to spend a while discussing. Instead, I found myself staring off into space- literally. Above my computer is a poster of the Milky Way Galaxy. However, rather than approach the poster with the tired train of thought of how infinitesimally small we are as a planet, I gave it another view. This view, as unrevolutionary as it is for mankind, added a new dimension to my perception of the two dimensional plane. Yes, when I stared into the chaotic clouds of our resident galaxy today, I saw a 3D model pop out.

No doubt, at this point you might wonder why I've dragged this on for so long. When am I going to get on with the real subject of this post, the one tantalizing insinuated in the title? Soon, I promise.
Immediately my mind began to process the potential technologies that currently or should currently exist to bring a three dimensional model into the very air we breath. Within an instant, I had my answer for what to post about. It's a curious habit of mine that I'm even more curious to know if it is shared amongst the other bloggers or readers. 
The habit I refer to, of course, is the constant tendency to mentally engineer, and sometimes pioneer, a product. 
For me, this tool becomes a necessity when sitting through a long lecture or spun out sermon. I let my conscience skip around from small to large conundrums and back again until it fixates on one. Then a begin the involved process of analyzing the issue until it breaks itself into core problems that can be individually or simultaneously addressed through various methods. Combine them all into a neat, elegant package, and you have yourself an invention. For example, one fine Sunday morning I came up with a small, but elegant solution to small scale energy production. Imagine if you would a large flower with broad petals: a sort of a large petaled daisy if you would. Now pretend the petals are large black and glossy. These are now solar panels which feed a battery hidden in the terracotta pot through the green stem. The battery is then plugged into by any small appliance which then uses the built up charge from a full day of charging. The name for this little invention? I call it Power Plant. Cute, no? =]
That was only one example out of a sea of practical solutions to simple, and sometimes not so simple, problems we all face. So now that I've demonstrated what I meant, I'll open the question back to you; do you amuse yourself with thoughts like mine about engineering solutions?

- Jonathan

1 comment:

KoreanKid777 said...

Hmm, that's sort of like me only I produce songs instead. =D

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html