Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's All Coming Back To Me

A number of things are coming back to me as the title suggests. One of them being reality.
"Hmm, so much reviewing in class... What are we reviewing for again? Oh yeah, EXAMS ARE COMING SOON!"
It's funny how long it took for those thoughts to finally sink into my brain. I really should start studying before I start regretting about not studying enough. After all, I only have FIVE AP EXAMS TO STUDY FOR! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for all those classes. Maybe I should have taken stat in my senior year.
The reality of my tennis skills have also been realized and when I mean skills, I mean I lost all my skills. Today I couldn't beat a guy that I would normally dominate 6-0. Instead, I was dominated 0-6. Imagine my disappointment when I lost. *sigh* In the summer, there is going to be an intense training program since varsity spots have been cut down to 6 instead of 10 next year.

On the flip side, my song writing is back up and running. I wrote a song yesterday called Changing My Reflection. I had one of those "oh-my-gosh-revelation" moments as a hurriedly rushed to find a pen and paper. The song came from several sources, many from my observations in this school year. I was inspired by all the bad things that happened and modeled them into a song that pieced together pretty well. The song itself is a slow and emotional that builds up, climaxes, and dies down again. What's the use explaining a song? I should just play it for you guys. Well anyway, here it is:

Changing My Reflection
(Intro)
How easily we forget ourselves in this world.
And how easily we drown in the muck of ourselves.

Where is our strength?
Where is our strength?

(Verse 1)
How quickly I break down
In the face of a challenge.
How easily
I sink to my knees.
And how I
succumb to sorrows
to never recover.
And so I sing:

(Chorus)
How could I forget?
How could I not remember?
I was never alone. (Never truly alone)
Is this really me?
Is this what I want to be?
When I look into myself
I want to change my reflection

(Verse 2)
How foolish I can be
When I judge what I see
With my limited single perspective.
(And) How can I
Pity myself
When there are thousands worse than me?
(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Oh! Oh! Reshape my soul! (repeat x4)
(Chorus)
(Go to Intro)

I really want to play for you guys some day. I had a chance at Katelyn's house on her birthday but my stupid throat was hurting. Argh!
Well stay tuned for Caroline's amazing Sunday post! We all wait with blissful anticipation.

-June

Random Question: Do you consider NASCAR to be an actual sport?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

SHUT UP JUNE. NOT COOL.

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html