Tuesday, June 10, 2008

chocolate shakes and puppies

I discovered an awesome recipe for the easiest chocolate shake ever. It's not intensely chocolate but I think its really good. You get an empty bottle of water and pour in a cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of instant pudding mix and shake it. Delicious.

So I don't get along that well with my family. Right now it's my mother. She blames me for her being so mean. I can't even post the actual quote because. . . its that bad.

Today she informed my father that the hamburgers that he cooked for dinner were dry and overdone. She informed me that I was a slob and on the border of disgusting. And when my father said to her, "Wow, you're kind of cruel tonight. . ." she replied, "no, I'm just being honest."

Just being honest. If I look back on everything she's said to me. . . I guess maybe in her own way she was just being honest. Sometimes, I think that she should think how it affects other people because I am sure that I am psychologically damaged.

I wish that I could just be honest with her. That'd show her how it feels.

About two months ago my sister came to me and asked for me to drive her in the morning to Driver's Education the first two weeks of summer. I, of course, said yes.
[In case you don't know, I drive her basically everywhere. She gets whatever she wants and thats fine, whatever. But when I was on my first date with this guy who I'd been crazy about for about 7 ish years and I get a call telling me that I need to go pick her up from hanging out with her friends. . . that is taking it a little too far.]
But anyways, I said yes. Here we are two months later and it turns out that it's extremely hard for me to do that with my schedule. I accomplished it everyday last week and this week I only asked for one thing. Can someone please take her on Wednesday? My mom told me NO Tuesday she could take her and that was it. So she took her Tuesday and then said she wanted to take her Wednesday later. I was thrilled until I got a lecture later on how I should think about things before I commit to them. For instance, if I was going to not be able to take my sister two days in a row I should have said no.

Does anyone see the irony here? If you don't tell me and I'll explain it further. It should be smacking you in the face. I'm sorry about that part.

I think that I'm meaner this week than usual. I have a few things going on and I'm sick feeling and my boyfriend is out of town and has been FOREVER. (Actually since Friday.) I guess I didn't know I'd miss him this much. I feel pathetic.

I met some of his family when they came to pick him up. They said I was sweet and very beautiful (? haha), and adorable. Adorable? Apparently I am. Just like a puppy or a teddy bear.

I got my legs waxed today. And the deal was that this girl at the school would wax my legs and then I'd wax hers. She was laughing at me for wincing and just ripping away. I, on the other hand, was very careful and tried so hard not to hurt her. Turns out that I was tougher than she was and she had to stop halfway. Thats right, smooth in the front and hairy in the back.


I have my first test tomorrow. I'm not worried though. In the review today our instructor used the test to quiz us. . .

I finished Unwind which is on our reading list for the summer. It was great. I recommend it. I started The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing and all I can say is, good luck.

Does it get randomer than this? Just wait until next Tuesday.

-Lacey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your mom's being bitchy again :( and I do see the irony. And good luck on your test! And sorry about your first date, that did suck. And...I think there was something else in there too...oh well :P

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html