Monday, June 30, 2008

Gator For A Week

What's this? I posted in a different font!?

I had big plans for this post. You see, I've been in Gainesville since Tuesday of last week and will be here until tomorrow. So my sisters and I made all these plans of what we could do while we're here. But then it rained. And by rained I mean thunderstormed. I was sure that Sapphire's, my sister's, apartment would detach from the rest of the building. So I'll my plans for the week and this blog post were washed away by hours of rain.


So mostly I've been watching movies. I think I watched like 10. That's 2o hours of movies. I spent nearly a day of my seven days here watching movies! But it's cool. I got to hang out with Sapphire, which is a rarity. And today will finally get to go see the butterfly garden if it doesn't rain. I've been waiting for that all week.

So I still have nothing to write about. I guess I'll tell you about Star Trek. I saw it for the first time on Thursday, with Sapphire's friends. We watched two movies. And if I wasn't enough of a nerd already, I LOVED THEM. A lot of the stuff in the movies are really weird and often blow my mind, but the humor is great. It's that old style humor that you only see in shows that are black and white.

The best part of both movies, I must say, was in Star Trek IV. The crew goes back in time to the present (which is like the 1980's I believe) and try to capture some whales to bring back to the future. It's great because one of the crew members has a serious Russian accent. I mean serious, he pronounced his "V"s as "W"s. And this just happens to be the guy they send looking for nuclear fuel sources. He is captured in the military base and is of course questioned as a spy (this the 1980's remember). The whole time I was watching this movie, I couldn't help but wonder how the absolute worst person was chosen for this job. There were like 9 other people, but he was chosen. Then I thought...wait why are there Russian people in the future, when Earth became a unified planet. Then I thought..wait I'm watching Star Trek, shouldn't I question everything that is happening.

That was probably one of the highlights of my week, the mini movie marathon of Star Trek. One downside though, was everyone there was incredible smart. They kept making jokes that the calculations in the movie were wrong, and I felt quite idiotic. At least I wasn't Amanda. She asked why we were all laughing at the Russian part. Sapphire explained that there were post-Cold War tensions. Amanda was still confused.

So sorry this post was boring, but I had to post now because I wouldn't get a chance later. So I had to write what I had.

I just want to thank all you guys for posting about yourselves. They were quite excellent, and I think gave a perfect understanding of each of us. Well not really...but that sounded good didn't it?

DFTBA!

-Brianna

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html