Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ranting on Rudeness, sorry

Hey guys! This is Blair filling in for Caroline. I've been trying to think about what to write, and what I came up with was about how rude people can be. I went to New York last week, where I met more rude people than I've ever met! It was mind-boggling how they didn't realize they were driving people freakin crazy!!! I'll just detail my trip and add my rant in the middle haha.

So Saturday and Sunday I had to hang out with my stepdad's family. It wasn't too bad but I was bored out of mind because there's seven granddaughters all around twelve years old that are all practically best friends and I have no interest in hanging out with them. Mostly I just hung out by the pool or went down to the basement to play Guitar Hero. And I saw a deer! It was awesome. I got like within 20 feet of it before it ran away. Then Monday we drove into Manhattan. I had so much fun that day! Sightseeing and shopping, what your supposed to do in New York! Then that night I had the best dinner of my life and went to see Phantom of the Opera! It was amazing and I'll never forget it. But here is where my rant begins. At the play, they said multiple times "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY PLEASE!" Then they had people coming around with flashlights telling all the people who still had them out to put them away. Well, this lady two rows in front of me just couldn't get the hint. Throughout the show, she pulled out her camera and took pictures, just without the flash. The person with the flashlight came like five times but she still took pictures. She put her hand over the screen when they came by, that's how she got away with it. But I wanted to reach down there and yank the camera out of her hand, and so did the person right behind her by the looks of it. She had to have realized people wanted to slap her! I even saw her looking at the pictures during intermission. But the rant doesn't stop there! The guy behind me wouldn't stop coughing and yawning, loud yawns too, not those quiet ones that you just see. And his wife was singing along to the songs!! The most ironic thing about them was that during intermission, I heard the wife telling her parents or someone that HE was driving her crazy, but she couldn't get the hint that SHE was driving everyone crazy too!! Also, the guy in front of me was coughing constantly. Now I'm not mad at the guy in front of me, but I'm still totally pissed at the guy who was behind me because that yawning could've been controlled!! I heard his wife also tell those people that he had like 12 sleeping pills! He was a druggy who I wanted to strangle!!!! ugh

There's more to the rant. Sorry. The next day, we had to leave the amazing city to go to crappy Brooklyn and see my stepdad's crappy family. More specifically, his sister and mother. One is bad enough, but the two of them together makes me want to shoot myself. That's how miserable it is! So we get there, and everything's fine, no huge headaches yet. Then his niece and her four year old daughter Brianna show up. Oh my freakin god, now I didn't want to just shoot myself, I wanted to shoot Brianna too! She is THE most spoiled child I have ever met (2 whole rooms in her small house to herself) and she wouldn't leave me the crap alone for 8 straight hours. She asked me to play when she got there, and I said sure at first. We played for like an hour with a stupid ball rolling it back and forth. Then I got up because I wanted to eat dinner with adults. So during dinner, after she finished, she asked me to play again and I was like in a little bit, I want to talk to the adults. She just asked again 2 minutes later. And this cycle lasted the whole 8 hours. That's not the rude part though. I know little kids don't really know better but you'd think she would get the hint after 5 times. But she was trying to tell someone a story while one of the adults was already telling this person something. So naturally, the listened to the adult. Brianna, being annoying!!, decided not to wait but to say the same line over and over, getting louder and louder each time until she was shouting. Finally, she would stop when someone was like "Brianna, wait a second and let them talk!" I just wanted to slap her or something to make her shut up and leave me alone. At one point she actually got mad at me for not playing with her, even though she's four and I'm way older. Tehn right after, she was like "You're my favorite cousin!" and I just had to be like "...yay" It was one of the worst days of my life, no exaggeration.

So, to sum it up, I hate New Yorkern people and how rude they are. The worst part is they don't realize it. Which is why I love my friends so much, because they are so considerate and awesome!! Trying to end this on a happy note :)

-Blair

P.S. I hope this blog doesn't totally suck and ruin the Power Bloggers.

2 comments:

runiteking1 said...

Next time, just try talking to the people behind you to stop singing/yawning. It is your right to a perfect show and no one should ruin it. I read somewhere that while a parent explaining to a child during a performance should be tolerated, singing to a performance should not be...

Never had a little sibiling? Probably why...

KoreanKid777 said...

kids are just kids. and slapping a four year old? thats a little extreme isnt it? u should take care of kids some more cause once ur a mom, its 24/7 =D

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html