Saturday, June 28, 2008

Stand in the Rain

Hello strangers. I'm the green power blogger and I would like to ask you how did you find this blog? You must have been pretty bored or plain random to read a blog like this. Either that or you knew that THIS IS THE COOLEST BLOG EVUR!!!!!!!(YEAH WITH A "U"). Since everyone is introducing themselves this week, I'll save that for last. So I was doing a bunch of 'back and forths' this week. "I'm going to post this. Nah I'm going to post this. No I'm definitely posting this..." and so on and so forth. In the end, I came up with this.

I'm currently training for tennis 5 days a week but I play tennis 6 days a week. The schedule includes a forest trail run to begin with and then one and a half hours of tennis. The trail run was 2 miles but my dad graciously extended it to four miles (two laps instead of one). I can handle two miles but 4 miles is a little much for me. So for a while my 4 mile time was around 40-45 minutes.

One day, it was a little cloudy and it was dripping a little rain but my dad thought we could at least run the trail. I was absolutely thrilled because everyone wants to run in the rain right? >.> Well anyway the first two miles were fine because it only dripped. But then these ominous dark clouds started rolling my way towards me. I thought I was going to be fine for the next lap... boy was I wrong. It started raining and I was half-way done with the second lap so it didn't matter if I turned back or not. So there I was, miserable and still running, trying to get out of the rain. I'm getting soaked more and more by the minute and I still had a mile to go. I'm thinking," Man, why did he have to extend it to four miles... I wouldn't have to go through this if it was just two...*grumble grumble grumble*..." Near the end of the mile, my dad is standing there waiting for me and he joins me. He's a little ahead and decides to provoke me to race him. I, with all my fury, sprint the rest of the lap and I finish first. I'm panting and I'm thinking,"Hah! Take that dad. I just beat--"
"35:40."
"What?" I asked.
"35:40." my dad repeated. "Your time."
"Seriously!?!?!?" I jolted.
This was a revelation for me because I just knocked off 5-10 minutes off my usual time. I couldn't celebrate it though because that little fury sprint knocked off any energy I had left.
"So next time you don't have and excuse. You know what you can do now. By the way, it's not raining hard enough to soak the clay courts so we will have some more practice today," my dad casually added.
That killed all the joy in me.

Onwards to me. I'm June and even though it's commonly a girl's name, I'm a guy. I've heard every single tease and nickname related to my name so good luck trying to find something original. I'm really into tennis though I personally don't think I'm all that great at it. I'm also teaching myself how to play guitar and I play for my church's praise band. My personality is pretty much lazy or indifferent if nothing of particular interest is going on but people tell me I'm nice,
mean, annoying, polite, creative, dull and a range of other contradicting adjectives. Maybe I'm just bipolar o.O That's all that I'm giving about myself so stay tuned for the blue power blogger's post because she's awesome.

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html