Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!

Hello, Blue powerblogger here! So today is the last day of the first week of our blog!!!! It’s also the first day of June!!! So I had a little bit of trouble thinking of a subject to write on when I stumbled upon a brochure at Tallahassee Orthopedic announcing its 20th anniversary of being open. So I decided to write about how ridiculous physical therapy is.
After my back surgery in late November, I was overjoyed to hear that physical therapy would be unnecessary, but then when I visited a doctor here in Tally, he "recommended" that I attend a few sessions. It turns out that it wasn't just a recommendation; it was an order. My parents told me, "It will be just like having your own personal trainer!" They lied.
So I've been to Tallahassee Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy (TOSPT) three times now, and each time is as unpleasant as the previous visit. For starters, there are no good magazines to read while waiting for your turn. At the doctor's office, there are usually some year-old TIMES or NEWSWEEK journals, COUNTRY HOME AND GARDEN, and the occasional PEOPLE magazines. But no, TOSPT has to make everything ten times more boring, so you get to entertain yourself with five months of GOLFER'S DIGEST. Then, when you're finally called back, you walk into this big room and immediately stick out like a sore thumb because you are the only patient under the age of 60. Your trainer leads you to this weird bed thing, and then leaves you for another 10 minutes or so doing pointless exercises while she goes and attends to the slowest old grandma in the room. A couple minutes into your "workout", you look around the room only to notice that the 65 year old woman on the bed next to yours is wearing a midriff-bearing spaghetti strap tank top and soffee shorts. Let’s just say that sight makes you finish your exercises REALLY fast so that you can move over to the treadmills across the room. And then, while your trainer is supposed to be helping you, she is flirting with a coworker (this is why inter office relationships are discouraged) and she fails to notice that you've been running for five minutes longer than she said to. Then, when you think you're finally done, they give you a list of exercises to do as "homework". Yeah, right, I'm not doing this crap. That’s why I just lie and say that I did when they ask.

Oh, and on the way out, there aren't even stickers or lollipops like at the doctor’s office. Rip-off.

-Caroline Burnette

P.S. I don't know how to change the color of the text, so if someone could tell me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html