Sunday, June 8, 2008

TV continued...

TV continued...
Hey guys! Blue powerblogger here...again!
So I read the green powerblogger's post yesterday, and it really stirred up a lot of feelings in me towards television programs today. It seems like there is way to much violence, sexual content, and inappropriate material on tv today for people of all ages. A lot of the shows are just trash-like Tila Tequila, Flavor of Love, Living Lohan, and other reality shows that revolve around has-beens and people who are just famous for being stupid and having a lot of myspace friends. Take Tila Tequila for instance. Whereas I won't comment on Tila's sexual preferences, I think the show is very inappropriate and, quite frankly, disgusting for even MTV. The whole show is just a bunch of skanks and players all over each other. Every time I see it, I throw up in my mouth a little. Then there's shows like Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, etc. that are supposedly all about "finding true love". Well, its taken three seasons for both the guys in these two shows, and still neither of them have found "true love". Love isn't something that you audition for and then compete for in a silly reality show! These people are just going to break a lot of hearts and cause plenty of headaches with the stupid games that the contestants must play in order to get attention. And take Denise Richards: It's complicated (or as Joel McHale from the Soup would say, "Denise Richard's colon is complicated) and Living Lohan from E!. These are just washed up stars that are trying to get their fame back by having their entire lives exposed for the world to see. Ali Lohan needs to realize that she will never be anything like her sister (hopefully, for her sake) and Denise Richards is just harming her children by pushing them into the spotlight on her show.
And I'm sorry Hunter, if you are reading this, but I HATE Cartoon Network. In fact, I am boycotting it all together. I have never seen more inappropriate shows for children in my entire life. They contain what my dad refers to as "crass": those "bad words" from back in the day when we were in elementary school that really shouldn't be used in children's television. The whole "Adult Swim" on Cartoon Network really angers me, too. Why, WHY would you broadcast shows labeled M for Mature content on a network that was made primarily for children. Don't give me some sorry excuse like, "its on late, so kids can't watch it anyways". I don't buy into that crap. Its completely unacceptable.

So there's my little rant on television today. It makes me realize how much I miss the good ol' days with the Rugrats, Lizzie McGuire, and Scooby Doo.

Until next week,
-Caroline

P.S.: There isn't a little icon that allows me to change the font color. So I don't know what you're talking about, Bri.
Oh, and I won't be here next week, so if you are interested in being a fill-in, let me know. I think Erica might fill in for me though. But here are some really neat pictures of holes. The first three are of a huge hole that is used to drain water from a dam. In the third picture, the hole can be seen in the top left hand corner of the photo. Some lady tried to swim in the hole and come out the other side of the dam, but she didn't live to tell her tale. The last two are of this hole in the ocean thats thousands of feet deep. They're just really cool looking.




No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html