Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Death and Pokemon

What up home skillets?

I ALMOST DIED THIS WEEKEND. I was going to the beach with my boyfriend and we decided to run on the beach. Barefoot. My feet felt like they were being sliced open. It hurt so bad. I got blood blisters on my feet and their all purpley. I am lucky to be alive.

So not too many of you have heard about my summer plans.

I am taking AP Art History, Personal Fitness, and SAT Prep online. I am taking a class to become licensed as a personal trainer. I am also going to cosmetology school from 9-5 Tuesday-Saturday, except Thursdays when I am there 9-9. Ridiculous? I think yes. Why am I doing all of this? Well I can't quite remember right now, but I'll get back to you. . .

Anyways today was my first day of Cosmetology School. It consisted of the usual introduction/orientation material. You know. . . rules and dress code and regulations and supplies and textbooks. But we also had to watch an hour long video on HIV/AIDs. . . and then take a test. . . that had none of that information on it. So that was fun. Then we had to take an hour long class on bacteria. And take a test. (which I got 100% on by the way (only person in the class.)) And I have to read three chapters for homework. I am getting licensed in skin care right now meaning that if any of you want to have facials or waxing done you should come visit me. You still have to pay though. Just kidding. . . but not really, it's in the rules.

It's so hard to think because I had to wake up really early to take Annie to Driver's Ed. The same class I took over the summer last year. Yuck. What a waste of time. First of all, we did nothing all day. Second of all, it was hot and we were outside almost all day. And then, when we were inside the teacher, in his infinite wisdom, turned on R rated films. I am allowed to watch them, but at that point in time I don't think anyone in that class was 17 and there was no type of parent permission or notification or anything. Which just doesn't seem right to me.

The next thing is kind of pathetic. My boyfriend Ross likes to play video games. He plays them kind of a lot. Not as much as he used to, because he spends a lot of his time with me but still a lot. Right now the game that he wants to buy is Pokemon. He has played it on my sister's boyfriend's Gameboy DS recently when I was around and it was like I wasn't even there. He will always deny it but I know the truth. He loves Pokemon more than me.

Okay so I thought that the first week of our blog was great. I thought everyone's blog was awesome and I realized how perfect of a mix our personalities are for this blog. I truly feel like we did an amazing job, or at least everyone else did. And hi person from Egypt.

-Lacey

PS-I know that this is orange but no color of yellow works with the background. Sorry if someone else has orange. I'll work out this small technical difficulty. Also if anyone knows how to change the text background. . . that could help too.

3 comments:

KoreanKid777 said...

i didnt know the color was orange until u told us at the end

runiteking1 said...

there is like a "highlight" button in blogger...

its a T with a square of colors under it.

Unknown said...

Aww Lacey, I'm sure Ross loves you more than Pokemon. Don't worry!! Sorry about your feet and congrats on the 100%!!!

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html