Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All for $10

I can’t believe how close winter break is; once I make it through this week I’ll pretty much be done with school for the semester. Thinking about it now (and I know we’re only halfway through so I don’t want to jinx it), junior year isn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I might actually have less work than I did last year, even though I’m taking three more AP classes. But then again, 3rd semester is usually the hardest for me; I just seem to loose motivation or something.

Today I found out about this book called the better world shopping guide, and it’s really cool. Basically it grades brand names of common commodities in terms of their social and environmental impact. It’s very compact and easy to use, but it would definitely make a big difference in the way I shop. It’s not like I intentionally contribute to companies exploiting others, I’m just relatively uninformed. I definitely know what I want for Christmas!

Here’s the website if you want to check it out: http://www.betterworldshopper.com/

-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html