Thursday, December 11, 2008

"My Name Is Not Roderick!"

Ahh, words immortalized by your truly this evening whilst performing a rather disarmingly good rendition of Pierre from the play entitled "The Madwoman of Chaillot". Okay, perhaps I'm overselling it a little bit, or quite a lot, but to be honest- I've never had so much fun.


While the idea of spending even a few hours with the "drama kids" may seem repugnant to some of you, I revel in the thought as I try to learn by some hypertonic->hypotonic diffusion system, trying desparately to understand the secret to their success. I've come down right to it, and it's the confidence. If you make a mistake on stage- even if it's really obvious, you've got to play it off as the big white elephant in the room that no one is noticing.

Speaking of elephants, and by some neural connection or another, Horton and Seussical! I am scared out of my wits as to how I'm going to even start preparing for an audition, but I do know that, fear or no fear, I will tryout, dammit, and not even the infamous wrath of stage fright is going to deter me. Is that too foolhardy? Ah, well who cares. It's not worth doing if you won't do it head first!

- Jonathan

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html