Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

Hello there, Blue powerblogger here!


Okay, so I had a mini-meltdown on Friday night that was caused by three separate things:

1. So you know how I talk about Underoath a lot? Well, the drummer/co-lead singer (I just made up the latter title!) is Aaron Gillespie, and he is freaking incredible!!! He has red hair (A necessary component of being cool), a lip ring (the first guy with piercings other than earrings that I have ever had a crush on!) and he can sing, play guitar, and play the drums amazingly well. So I am pretty much in love with him. But then I found out he was actually married, and I was DEVASTATED!!! );

2. So the amazing Aaron Gillespie is so totally awesome that he's actually founded two bands: Underoath and The Almost. I was listening to some of The Almost's songs when I came across a song called "Amazing Because It Is". As I was listening to it, I became vaguely aware that I had heard the song before. Thats when I realized that one time, I heard it on the radio, and I disliked it so much that I had to change the channel! I felt like I had betrayed The Almost! I'm pretty much a hypocrite.

3. Probably the biggest factor causing my mini-meltdown was my whole issue with architecture vs. singing (those of you who read my blog about future plans a while back will know what I am talking about). I was talking to my friend on Thursday afternoon when we began discussing college plans. I asked him what he wanted to do after high school and he replied, "I don't really know. I try not to focus on the future too much and instead I worry about living each day to its fullest and getting the most out of life". Whereas I don't agree with this philosophy 100%, there were definitely some valid points he had made. And thats when I started thinking, "Do I really wanna live the mundane life of a business person? Where's the passion in that? I wanna do what I love, which is singing! I wanna feel the exhilaration of being onstage, the adrenaline rush of thousands of people cheering for me, the pride in knowing that I am a source of inspiration for others!" It really upset me, not knowing which path to take. I mean, sure, there's more security in being an architect, but I just can't even imagine going a day without singing! That's why I am going to run away, sign a record deal with Tooth & Nail, and go on tour with Underoath.

Okay, so thats my rant for today! Tune in tomorrow for Bri's post! And listen to "It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door" by Underoath!

-Caroline 

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html