Tuesday, December 30, 2008

goodbye 2008

Well I am posting, thanks to Blair and her new phone. :)

Maybe some people are sad to see 2008 go. I'm not. It's not that 2008 was all that bad but I know 2009 is going to beat it hands down. First of all it ends in a 9, that's an odd number divisible by 3. Second of all, I am going to be turning eighteen!!!!!!!!!! In like. . . a month and a half. I'm not sure the world is ready but I sure am. Third of all, everything just seems to be coming together for me in life like all of the sudden I've filled in the frame of a puzzle and I just have to make sure not to mess up the middle now.

I've posted or had someone post for me every Tuesday except for the one time I forgot. . . and it's been over 200 days that we've been writing this blog. That's pretty good. I'm a lot different than I was a whole year ago. Actually, I'm almost opposite. Now I want to go to college and I want to do well in school and I care about it. Now I know what and who matters to me. Now I feel just more optimistic I suppose. Now I can run a lot farther and I can play Rockband decently. I can stand up for myself more than I did, although sometimes it's still hard. I finally got what I wanted and then realized I was wrong about it in the first place. And it's because of that that I'm so happy today in a way. In fact, there's hardly anything that hasn't changed. (Is hasn't not a word because its underlined in red.)

Anyways I found this quiz so here we go.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
 I don't know. Lots of stuff? I got a business liscence. I'll go with that.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 If I made resolutions last year I did not keep them. Yes.
3. What was the last text message you got? Blair texted me "Don't forget it's your blog day."
4. Did anyone close to you die?
 My cat, Pepper.
5. What states/countries did you visit?
 New York
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
 More common sense.
7. What date from 2008 will you remember?
 December 25th
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I'm doing really well in school? And I ran five miles.
9. What was your biggest failure?
 Not being assertive. . .
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 1st surgery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
 All my movies maybe? That's basically what I've purchased.
12. Are you happy with life right now? Yes, very much so.
13. Who was the last person who called you? Won
14. Where did most of your money go?
 Movies. . . It's sad isn't it.
15. Do you have any new regrets? Yes yes yes.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
 Maybe "Love in this Club" or "Whatever You Like." They're just catchy for me.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? 
happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? . . . poorer maybe?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Hung out with my friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 . . . don't want to say.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
 Umm presents, biking, Rockband 2, dinner.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
 Yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
 New: Arrested Development. Old: The Office.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
 I don't really hate people.
24. What was the best book you read?
 I honestly can't remember.
26. What are you looking foward to? Right now? Thursday evening.
27. Did anything surprise you? Yes. I am doing well in chem. . . and that everything worked out so well.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
 That's a hard one. Maybe Juno. That was this year right?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
 My parents forgot my 17th birthday and gave me 17 dollars. . .
30. What are you most thankful for? Second chances. I usually need them.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
 There were a lot more bad outfits than good ones unfortunately.
32. What kept you sane?
 I have absolutely no idea. . .
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
 It's between Michael Cera and Brandon Flowers
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
 I'm not really that good with politics. . .
35. Who did you miss?
 Pepper.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
 Conor. He's just so awesome. He taught me so much so far this year and he makes me laugh. If he wasn't in my classes they wouldn't be so interesting.
37. What's a song that sums up your year? "The Show" by Lenka. And i'ts also good :)


Happy New Year tomorrow everyone!! And a shout out to Erica!

-Lacey

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html