Wednesday, December 17, 2008

La Nouvelle Generation

I’m done with school for the most part now, I just need to make a C on my French exam (even though I suck at French it shouldn’t be that bad) and a C on my English exam (if I didn’t I probably should have my head studied). But no worries, and aside from my Calc homework over the break that Mrs. Johnson so *unexpectedly* assigned us, it should stay that way over the break.

I’m so excited. Now I have time to read all those books I’ve been meaning to read, see all those movies I’ve been meaning to see, and download all that music I’ve been meaning to download. And then there are the actual holidays. The actual day of Christmas is kind of disappointing for me, but I’m looking forward to Christmas shopping and I can’t wait for New Year’s Eve.

Thanks to Jonathan I’ve recently discovered the presence of French dubbed Degrassi episodes online, definitely a new obsession. Sure I can’t really understand anything their saying, but general teen-drama translates through any language. Actually, it turns out Dailymotion has tons of tv shows in French, but Degrassi definitely uses the lowest level of vocabulary and I therefore have the greatest chance of actually understanding some of it. Who needs a tutor anyway when you can learn foreign language through a good old fashioned Paige-Manny showdown? Or an adequate teacher for that matter? I definitely know what I’ll be doing in French class next semester.

Someone mentioned Iron & Wine today in class and I’m suddenly really in the mood to listen to them again, even though I’ve decided they’re a spring band. But that’s not even really fair to them, considering they are a really good band and our spring only lasts for about two weeks anyway.

Oh, and did I mention I finally have a kitchen sink? Yeah, it’s going to be a pretty good break.

-Viv

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html