Saturday, December 27, 2008

Even If The Theme Was Last Week

Hola mujeres y hombres! I really suck at Spanish! Even though the Christmas theme was last week, I'm going to talk about it again!!!!

It wasn't Christmas that was interesting for me, but Christmas Eve. I promised a friend that I would play tennis with her and her friends whom I've never met til then. She told me she would be at my house around 9 to 9:30 in the morning. Well guess what? My alarm didn't go off! In fact, I set the alarm to go off at 8:30 pm instead! *Smacks himself for allowing blond moment* She came when I still had my bed head, the phone rang when she came in, I stubbed my toe on the way to the door, she ended up standing by the door for 3 minutes because the guy wouldn't stop talking, and to wrap it all up, she waited on the couch while I got ready. It was the best morning of my life (note sarcasm).

Tennis itself was pretty good. I got to be "Coach June" for a while. Just me and a bunch of girls... Bleh. Let me also say that I was tortured in the car because I was listening to Asians attempting to rap. Anyway, after tennis we played pool and I lost. I'm terrible at pool but it was still fun ^_^. Afterwards, we went to Mo Mo's where we ordered a gimungulous (I invented a new word!) pizza. I barely finished the 3rd slice.

The afternoon ended and my friend dropped me off at my house. Thus the adventure began. My dad came home a little bit later and picked me up so we could go to the homeless shelter. This was a big deal for me because this was my first time meeting a hobo. IT'S A BIG DEAL! Our church does a program to feed the homeless something better than the prison food style delicates they serve in the shelter once a month. So when we got there, we lashed out our plastic gloves and started heating up the grills. I was the pickle man =D Bread, put on mayo, put on the lettuce, then the tomato and onions, fish the pickles out of the jar and put them on (that's me!), put on the hamburger, spread the fries next to it, now it's ready for the person. Make, breathe, repeat. Really though, I was amazed at how many people came. The line was huge and there was almost a fight because someone tried to cut in line. Most of them were really nice actually. A lot of people were thankful and told us," Merry Christmas!" as we worked. All I could do was smile and tell them "Merry Christmas" back. There were times when I wished I could do more =(

We went to church after the deed was done. We were to play/sing in a Christmas program there. Watching the homeless eat was torture to my dad because they were having dinner while we were handling food we couldn't eat. While he went to get dinner, I went to the car and brought out a very dusty violin. I didn't want to play but I was the only one in our group that could. My dad finished eating and he gathered everyone in our group for a quick practice session (and our ONLY practice session. We decided on this on last minute terms). We practiced for ten minutes (with very off-key voices) and decided that was enough. I, however, did not stand for the out of tune notes I played so I practiced for half an hour more. I guess the OCD musician in me came out.

We were ninth in the program. The show was very laughable. There were technical difficulties in EVERY act including ours. The microphones blew out, the music wouldn't play, the power point was a later edition, etc. Even in ours, we couldn't use the amp for the guitar because some idiot took the only cable out. In the end, my OCD self was satisfied. 75% of my violin skill returned in the span of 40 minutes and I landed every note in Jingle Bells and Silent Night. I got a lot of compliments ^_^. Oh, did I mention all the acts were being judged? We placed 6th out of the 12 places and received two hefty bags of rice. The pastor told everyone "good job" and everyone recieved two bars of soap. Rice and soap... Awesome.

Lastly, here's a Halloween-style Christmas video about Frosty the Snowman! (Excuse the profanity)


That's all folks. Join us tomorrow for an awesome post from Caroline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^2
(Too lazy to check for errors... Someone tell me if I messed up something)

-June

No comments:

http://thepowerbloggers.hostingtribe.com/google90989bed784256d0.html